9 [11.84%]
20 [26.32%]
26 [34.21%]
3 [3.95%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 07:01
Zep...Who...and Beatles..all tied in my book..........Hendrix -Experience was a patchy album as was Stones-Sticky Fingers,  and Cream were a great band that only lived up to their potential  live  imho....though there were some fine tracks on all the studio lps.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 07:24
Revolver, Who's Next, with IV finishing up the pack.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 07:59
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

None of the albums listed!
  Wow, I'm a little surprised considering the line up here. 
Are you not a fan of these artists or just the albums on the poll?
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 08:01
Originally posted by For Nobody's Bush For Nobody's Bush wrote:

Stinky Fingers but Let It Breed is even better.
Beggars & Let It Bleed are my two Stones favourites, very near Sticky and Exile and right after them Goats Head, Itīs Only RīN`R & Between the Buttons.
Wanorak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wanorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 11:50
Revolver.
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 21:12
Going with Who's Next. Roger's voice puts them over the top. Goddamn he's the man.
Disraeli Gears rules for the first four tunes, but can't keep the momentum. Some of the other songs are cool, especially "We're Going Wrong", but there's some duds, and I always considered Ulysses to be a sorta proto "White Room", which was an improvement in every way.
I love Hendrix, and it's good for second place.
Zep is great, but I'm sorta burnt.
Revolver was forward thinking and awesome at times, but it also has "Here There and Everywhere"...yukk.
Sticky Fingers is fine, but it ain't Beggars Banquet.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 21:25
Moved to General Music Discussion section. Wink
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2018 at 15:25
Stairway to heaven!
deafmoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 08:49
I am just happy to see that Springsteen wasn't up there! I live in New York and it's far too close to New Jersey where everyone barks  of how great Springsteen and the E. Street Band was/is. Thanks for not putting that band up there, I consider them the most OVER-RATED EVER.
Deafmoon
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2018 at 11:27
^Springsteen has ever been the very big favourite of mine, but still donīt think heīs overrated. Like his stuff before Born in the U.S.A., also his later acoustic stuff.
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 17:38
Revolver, a piece of genious
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2024 at 03:16
gentle bump Smile
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2024 at 03:26
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers 
The Who - Who's Next
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2024 at 03:38
Voted LZ IV
next :
The Who
The Beatles
Cream
Hendrix
Stones
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2024 at 04:10

Led Zepp IV
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2024 at 05:36
For me the only album that could challenge Led Zep IV by any of these bands, is Abbey Road. But except for Sticky Fingers, I quite like them all.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2024 at 05:44
1. Jimi Hendrix
2. Cream
3. Led Zeppelin
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2024 at 05:48
I'll go:

1. Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
2. Led Zeppelin - IV
3. Cream _ Disreali Gears
4. The Beatles - Revolver
5. The Who - Who's Next?
6. the ROlling Stones - Sticky Fingers

Honorable classic mention, Love's Forever Changes from 1967 because I was listening to that again last night.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2024 at 06:21
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I'll go:

1. Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
2. Led Zeppelin - IV
3. Cream _ Disreali Gears
4. The Beatles - Revolver
5. The Who - Who's Next?
6. the ROlling Stones - Sticky Fingers

Honorable classic mention, Love's Forever Changes from 1967 because I was listening to that again last night.
I own all seven of those classic albums and  I have a Whole Lotta Love for Love's Forever Changes, which would be #3 on my list, just ahead of Led Zeppelin, although Robert Plant may argue It is What is and What Should Never Be. Smile
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2024 at 16:35
Who's Next from the list. Baba O'Riley especially is one of the great killer tracks from the early seventies. Perfect. It's well worth getting the expanded version of the album that has tracks that are as good as on the album. Could easily have been a double.
Also a fan of Love's - Forever Changes. Recommend the DVD of the live performance in London in the 00's (this is a seriously popular album in the UK) which features Arthur Lee and a hand picked band. Also have the 40th anniversary box set which includes a vinyl copy. Lovely stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>