Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJon Anderson Solo Tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jon Anderson Solo Tour
    Posted: September 13 2005 at 14:37
I'm thinking about going to the concert tomorrow, so has anyone attended his concerts on this tour? He is playing alone with no other musicians as much as I'm aware. Half of his own stuff and half Yes songs.

The price is a bit high(45€), but if it's worth it I'll go. Anyone?
ummagumma08 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 15:47
I'm going to see him Sunday in Copenhagen, my expectations aren't too high though, I really don't dig his solo work, but I hope to hear some early yes (1971 - 74), but it just wouldn't be the same without Steve or Chris...   

Edited by ummagumma08
eriksalkeld View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 16:07

He came here on march 2004 with his Solo Tour, and it was very interesting to see him perform all alone. He played the harp, guitar and piano and sang along various songs of his and Yes', most of them very shortened. He sang 50/50 his songs and Yes' songs, he also played one a capella song that he composed the same day for the remembering of the tragic train terrorist bombing in Madrid that had happened the day before. After all, it wasn't an all exciting concert as tou may predict, but indeed very interesting. I recommend you to go.

The Yes' songs I remember he sang were: Long Distance Runaround, I've Seen al good People, And you and I, Soon, The Reavealing Science of God, Yours is No Disgrace and i'm not sure if it was Wonderous Stories or Turn of the Century. He ended it with a dance electronic mix of, yep, you guessed it, Owner of a Lonely Heart, all playback of course. You should go if you have the opportunity.

Erik

Autenticidad, actitud, pluralidad, espiritu e inteligencia, si es prog bien, si no, tambien.
ummagumma08 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 14:16

Originally posted by <SPAN =bold>eriksalkeld</SPAN> eriksalkeld wrote:

He ended it with a dance electronic mix of, yep, you guessed it, Owner of a Lonely Heart, all playback of course.

Can't wait

Post Reply Post Reply