Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Sea Within - Symphonic Prog SUPERGROUP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black_diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Sea Within - Symphonic Prog SUPERGROUP
    Posted: June 22 2018 at 05:44
The Sea Within – a new prog/art-rock group formed by Roine Stolt (Transatlantic, The Flower Kings), Daniel Gildenlöw (Pain of Salvation), Jonas Reingold (The Flower Kings, Karmakanic, The Tangent), Tom Brislin (Renaissance, Spiraling, Yes Symphonic, Deborah Harry) & Marco Minnemann (The Aristocrats, Steven Wilson, UK, Joe Satriani) – have announced they will release their as-yet-untitled debut album on June 22, 2018.
Roine Stolt comments on how the project came together: “I think all it started as a suggestion from the record company - putting together a new band, starting fresh, seeing if collective writing could spawn a unique style. Call it a supergroup if you want - I think we can handle that.”
The members recently entered Livingston Studios in London to begin recording the basic tracks, and found an instant chemistry in the way they worked together. “Going into the studio in London was taking a great risk as we had not been in the same room together beforehand.” Roine continues: “We had just sent demos around and didn’t really know if we could make great music together, but we managed to track almost 2 hours of new music, a mix of collective ideas. We also had a lot of great ‘off-time’, sharing laughs and stories in local pubs – that part is important.” 
Currently the members are putting the finishing touches on their debut album, and of the music’s direction Roine says: “There are elements of prog, pop, art-rock and many cinematic elements. I suppose the music comes from within our collective memories of all that we love as far as sounds, visions and poetry. We hope that discovering the music will be a journey for the open-minded fan - something as fresh and uncertain and unfolding as it is for us.”

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheSeaWithin1/
Twitter https://twitter.com/theseawithin1
Homepage http://www.theseawithin.net/

Samples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIAQZiSPAHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MszeNIcxmrg

"The Sea Within"
Release date: June 22, 2018
Label: InsideOut Music

Disc One:
1. Ashes of Dawn
2. They Know My Name
3. The Void
4. An Eye for an Eye for an Eye
5. Goodbye
6. Sea Without
7. Broken Cord
8. The Hiding of the Truth

Disc Two:
1. The Roaring Silence
2. Where Are You Going?
3. Time
4. Denise
javajeff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javajeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2018 at 11:27
Is there a page for this?
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2018 at 10:52
submitted to the symphonic prog team

Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2018 at 22:23
- SYMPHONIC TEAM UPDATE -

One vote in favour (RdtProg)
One for Eclectic (Myself)

If the third vote is in favour, I would change my vote for yes.

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - June 29 2018 at 22:41

tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 06:08
Any updates on these guys?
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 12:41
Originally posted by tempest_77 tempest_77 wrote:

Any updates on these guys?

sent to the eclectic team 2 weeks ago
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 13:35
Thumbs Up

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2018 at 16:11
Any news from the Eclectic team?

Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2018 at 04:56
Very good album, by the way.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2018 at 05:07
Unfortunately it contributed to heighten my dislike of DG singing, what can I do ...
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2018 at 06:01
^Oh no! :-(  I really liked "They Know My Name"
it's about time for the band to be here ...

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2018 at 06:09
I know, I know - nothing I can do about it, matter of taste

(but I agree with its inclusion, obviously)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2018 at 17:09
It was pretty good to me; not incredible, but I also listened to it on a flight, so I'm keeping an open mind and I'm going to give it another chance.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2018 at 18:50
It's growing on me......They Know My Name is very good, there are a few others. I need another couple spins to be fully immersed.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2018 at 20:55
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I need another couple spins to be fully immersed.

Pretty much what I was trying to say.

Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 03:20
^pretty much what I'm suggesting too now :-)

fredblue View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 07:29
Just curious...does PA have something against this band? Album has been out for over a month and a half and it hasn't been added yet. Other albums (Riverside, etc) get advertised a month before release. 
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 07:43
But Riverside already have a spot on PA whilst The Sea Within doesn't yet. If you read this thread you'll see that the band currently is being evaluated ie collabs find out where exactly to place them.
Some bands wait months before they get through - not because people have anything against them, but simply because they a) have a hundred other suggestions to take care of before getting on with new ones and b) most likely are on vacation right this minute.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
fredblue View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 09:00
Thank you for the response. And it does make sense. It's only that the Eclectic group has had this for a couple of weeks now and all of the band members are well known and highly respected. If they were a brand new unknown group, I could understand it a bit better. 
The vacation scenario makes sense to me. I appreciate the input.
firstlensman View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firstlensman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2018 at 06:16
My vote is Eclectic since multiple styles are used on the album.
First Lensman
"Forever caught in desert lands, one has to learn to disbelieve the sea"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>