Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steve H. vs. Steve H. vs. Steve H.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Which Steve H. is your fave?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
51 [57.95%]
13 [14.77%]
24 [27.27%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2018 at 16:11
HACKETT = best solo albums
HOWE = most incendiary playing
HILLAGE = splendid, tasteful player, great textures
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2018 at 16:16
Hackett 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
maryes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2018 at 17:27
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Yep, Howe is light years ahead of the other two. 

I entirely agree , besides Howe's unquestionable superior versatility, in   YES in countless moments Howe's performance simply  put the rest of band (Wakeman,Squire etc... ) in second place t 
I love Hackett work but IMHO isn't better than Howe !
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2018 at 19:49
Howe.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
DarkTower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkTower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2018 at 20:35
Howe with Yes, Hackett solo
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2018 at 10:25
Hackett comes up with something good and fresh regularly up to this day. So he has my vote, but I love Hillage, too. Here's something that Hillage did that some of you may not have expected (unless you know it of course). I love it.

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2018 at 10:40
Ive seen Howe and Hillage live but not Hackett, i really love Hacketts lead sound and hes violin touch, Hillage plays with the elegance of a cat as well. The versatility of Howe is beyond comparission to most guitarists and that is with an untraditional choice of guitar, hollowed boddy semi-electric guitar. How3će have a wonderfull guitarsound on Machine Messiah which is to drawl after
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2018 at 11:14
currently the voting is 4:2:1 for Hackett, Howe and Hillage respectively

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2018 at 13:30
Been waiting for this thread.

Howe
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2018 at 08:17
Steve Ha
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2018 at 05:16
Hackett for a better consistency and superior writing ability over a longer period of time. Howe's playing has deteriorated in the last decade...Hackett's hasn't...
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2018 at 23:01
Hackett
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2018 at 12:54
Hackett.....too many great things with Genesis and his solo work......Howe is absolutely a great player (but I have always had a problem with the tone of his guitar at times....too trebly and never really used that thicker Les Paul mode.)
Hillage  did some mighty fine guitar work on Khan ..a killer album...(and on several Gong albums)...,and Fish Rising was billed as the second Khan album but imho it simply isn't as good.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2018 at 08:23
All fine guitarists, but I give my vote to Howe.  

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2018 at 12:32
My God...he's actually playing a Les Paul...is that a junior..?
No doubt he has the high end turned way up.

;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2018 at 21:57
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Hackett.....too many great things with Genesis and his solo work......Howe is absolutely a great player (but I have always had a problem with the tone of his guitar at times....too trebly and never really used that thicker Les Paul mode.)
Hillage  did some mighty fine guitar work on Khan ..a killer album...(and on several Gong albums)...,and Fish Rising was billed as the second Khan album but imho it simply isn't as good.

Exactly. Really dislike Howe's tone.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2020 at 00:17
Steve Hackett 

I couldn`t choice between Hillage/Howe both are incredable 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2023 at 13:27
Hackett > Hillage > Howe. There have been sightings of me in the Adirondacks beeping at trees.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Boojieboy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boojieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2023 at 17:24
Hackett way ahead of the others. The others are amateurs in comparison. LOL, did I really say that? Yes!
Frets N Worries View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frets N Worries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2023 at 17:28
While Howe and Hillage are great, I just prefer Hackett. Howe might be more technically proficient, but I just like Hackett more
The Wheel of Time Turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>