Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B.J Wilson - Why is there so little praise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 06:30
^ I've noticed this myself but as the freinds came on board Tull got better and Procol got worse. Confused
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 09:00
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^ I've noticed this myself but as the freinds came on board Tull got better and Procol got worse. Confused

Nope, not the way I meant it: Pre-Procol's friends got to record the first album, bumping out Rover & Harrison.... It's as they gradually disappeared/quit (Fisher, Knights, Copping & Trower) that Procol got worse.

However, unlike Tull, who had only Anderson on the debut album by TAAB time (72) , Procol still had Brooker, Reid, Wilson, Copping (returning as KB instead of bass) and Fisher (returning at production spot) at the Grand Hotel album (73) 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 09:27
^ That sounds like a yes and a no. And then a yes. Or vice versa.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 10:57
I like to listen to a drummer to gauge hes skill to listen to, if he have played drums in another full album or song. For then to ger a broader understanding of skills. And B.J Wilson outside drumming besides PH is actualy quite an important album as it is the soundtrack for Rocky Horror Picture Show, were he plays the entire record, he is the original drummer of that very infulential rock opera.
Ruby900 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ruby900 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2019 at 13:00
Originally posted by Jherek6 Jherek6 wrote:

Shout out to the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.  One of my favorite Procol Harum albums.

Start here as this is the album made me sit and listen. I cannot believe I had managed to miss PH and their wonderful albums and BJ Wilson. Essential listening.
"I always say that it’s about breaking the rules. But the secret of breaking rules in a way that works is understanding what the rules are in the first place". Rick Wakeman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123