1 [1.33%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [2.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2018 at 21:01
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

^My point in whole post there is also moving picture, not just audio like in many old Crimson live pieces in youtube. I havenīt found any other old version of Starless with picture. In "The Night Watch" they have put some filter into picture, itīs hard to see whoīs there playing, but I think it fits really well into mood of that song.

I didn't catch that you were talking about a video recorded. I guess I should look it up... though I did see a video of starless last week or so, shared in FB and viewed on YouTube, so perhaps it's the same video your are talking about, and yeah, It's great to see them playing that song. Though I don't understand why they did that thing with the background.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2018 at 02:28
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

^My point in whole post there is also moving picture, not just audio like in many old Crimson live pieces in youtube. I havenīt found any other old version of Starless with picture. In "The Night Watch" they have put some filter into picture, itīs hard to see whoīs there playing, but I think it fits really well into mood of that song.

I didn't catch that you were talking about a video recorded. I guess I should look it up... though I did see a video of starless last week or so, shared in FB and viewed on YouTube, so perhaps it's the same video your are talking about, and yeah, It's great to see them playing that song. Though I don't understand why they did that thing with the background.
Hereīs vid I talked about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6qXyC__vdA

I donīt understand what you mean about background, maybe youīre talking some else vid. I think theyīre playing in this live, Fripp plays mellotron parts in the first, then changes guitar and in the end Cross plays the mellotron parts.

Edited by Mortte - September 03 2018 at 06:32
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2018 at 21:41
^ I think it's the same performance... but... well. You can see the background to where they played was removed and replaced with a black background and a moon and other things... I mean why do that to the video? Or perhaps it was actually originally filmed with a green screen with the intention of doing that? Or was it just an ugly uninteresting setting were they played? However, the video I saw I think it's the same performance, but the background used was different... actually, this one looks far better. And one more thing, this song seems to show exactly what I find so great about Bruford, I just love his playing here, being subtle, crazy, and powerful whenever the song demands it... and with all the showmanship and as spectacular as the 3 drummers can be with the new line-up, they still just can't match one Bill Bruford (just compare both versions of this song).
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2018 at 22:01
^Ok, I didnīt pay any attention to the backgraound.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2019 at 02:24
I Talk to The Wind

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
thief View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2019 at 02:59
Absurdly good list, first eight are basically flawless, no distinction... I went for atmosphere and picked Cirkus.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2019 at 21:43
Originally posted by Wanorak Wanorak wrote:

In the Wake of Poseidon.

As above 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234