Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes: Fragile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 02:02
Originally posted by TiddK TiddK wrote:

I'm going to speak heresy now. I used to like Fragile a lot (my second Yes album) but actually I thought they went downhill just a teensy bit when Wakeman joined. To me their acme always was - and still is - The Yes Album. 

There are some nice things on Fragile - Heart Of The Sunrise is epic - but I'm not sure the idea of allowing each member of the band their own little virtuoso spot ever quite worked as well as it does on paper. Roundabout is also classic but possibly overplayed (by me), and there is some clever use of stereo separation. On the whole though, ditching Kaye for Wakeman wasn't the greatest move, even though Wakeman is a superb keys man.
Well, my next Yes-favourite after Fragile & the Yes Album is Time and a Word. But after that comes CttE & Relayer. And I donīt think there is totally bad Yes album, I like even Open Your Eyes.
Maruder View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 02:14
For me, one of the best (like little more of also great Close). Anderson's vocal in large quantities is very tough. Instrumentally - virtuso.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 20:53
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I would argue this has the best Yes tracks although a bit rough round the edges at times. Best prog line up of all time imo.

Indeed
bender99 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bender99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 21:00
Fragile is the album that got me into Yes, but I'd rank it behind CTTE and the Yes Album in my own personal order.

In terms of individual tracks, it undoubtedly has some of their best, but a number of the solo spots let it down in my opinion - as was already previously said: a bit rough round the edges
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2018 at 05:58
Originally posted by bender99 bender99 wrote:

Fragile is the album that got me into Yes, but I'd rank it behind CTTE and the Yes Album in my own personal order.

In terms of individual tracks, it undoubtedly has some of their best, but a number of the solo spots let it down in my opinion - as was already previously said: a bit rough round the edges

That matches my experience and thoughts almost exactly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12