FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Halloween Albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halloween Albums
    Posted: September 14 2018 at 22:36
Sonic Youth: Bad Moon Rising
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 15:34
So now that we're halfway through September I've begun listening to albums I associate with Halloween.  They could be albums actually about or referencing Halloween and related themes, or favorite albums that I bought at this time of year and always connect to Halloween, but either way, it's spooky music time Evil Smile  

Here's a list of the one's I always spin to celebrate Halloween and why.

1) Pulsar: Halloween (creepy sounding album...not sure it's lyrically about Halloween, but the artwork and music make the connection)
2) Devil Doll: Eliogabulus (creepy sounding album when coupled with the circus freak artwork screams Halloween)
3) Type O Negative: October Rust (many dark Autumn/Halloween themed songs)
4) Fireballet: Night on Bald Mountain (bought in October)
5) Yes: Tormato (originally released/bought late Sept)
6) PFM: Storia Di Un Minuto (The ultimate Autumn song...Impressioni Di Settembre)
7) Rush: A Farewell to Kings (my 1st Rush album, bought early October)
8) Tull: Stormwatch (originally released/bought mid Sept)
9) Van Der Graaf Generator: The Least We Can Do... (White Hammer...what's more Halloween than this song about witch persecution and white magick)
10) Ange: Le Cimitiere des Arlequins (very dark sounding album...people used to call Ange the "French Genesis", I think they're way more like the "French VDGG")
 Post Reply Post Reply