Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Unsigned Bands
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jazzy/experimental rock with guest trumpet player
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jazzy/experimental rock with guest trumpet player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sage.judd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jazzy/experimental rock with guest trumpet player
    Posted: September 17 2018 at 17:14
Hey guys, I've been working on an album that tries to combine elements of my proggy/punk/alternative/indie roots and the stuff I've learned while at jazz school, along with a huge focus on melodic solos and interesting harmony. I'm getting a bunch of my really talented friends on it, it should be fun. This is the single from the album, I hope you like it! Any constructive feedback or comments on what the song felt like or what you got artistically from it is beyond appreciated. Thanks!

-Sage

https://soundcloud.com/sage_judd/fools-gold-1
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2018 at 23:27
Originally posted by sage.judd sage.judd wrote:

Hey guys, I've been working on an album that tries to combine elements of my proggy/punk/alternative/indie roots and the stuff I've learned while at jazz school, along with a huge focus on melodic solos and interesting harmony. I'm getting a bunch of my really talented friends on it, it should be fun. This is the single from the album, I hope you like it! Any constructive feedback or comments on what the song felt like or what you got artistically from it is beyond appreciated. Thanks!

-Sage

https://soundcloud.com/sage_judd/fools-gold-1

Very impressive, thanks for sharing! 
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 02:18
I really enjoyed it! Infectious jazz-fusion with lots of memorable/interesting themes. What's not to like. You should really try and convince your trumpet-playing friend to join your band.  
sage.judd View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sage.judd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 22:00
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive commentary. I would totally want him in my 'band' (all the other tracks are me, so it's really just me in my bedroom and he comes over to add solos, haha) but he's so god damned good and charming that he's very in demand in my relatively small city, so he's almost always touring with bands or booked up. He fits me in because we go back though, so it works out for occasional collaborations. If you guys dug what he played on this track, check out this other one. It's off of a album I'm working on, and it features him throughout the whole song. He kills it. It's a little less dark, and more of a bittersweet vibe.

https://soundcloud.com/sage_judd/josue-guitar-test-1/s-3b95z

Post Reply Post Reply