1 [5.88%]
1 [5.88%]
0 [0.00%]
8 [47.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roy Harper Epics
    Posted: September 28 2018 at 16:08
A selection of side-long or notable longer tracks from across Roy's career; which is your personal favourite or would you like to see him finish a gig with?

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2018 at 16:16
Right now, "Me and my Woman" I was just playing that and thinking about that song yesterday.
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2018 at 16:49
"Me and my woman" - my favourite longer track by Roy. I actually think his shorter tracks often hit the target better, overall.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2018 at 18:21
I would say "The Same Old Rock" beats them all, but from this list "Me and My Woman" followed by "McGoohan's Blues".

Edited by The Dark Elf - September 28 2018 at 18:22
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2018 at 00:07
Those all are awesome, maybe Me & My Woman is his best song, but on the other hand I think Lifemask is as great album as Stormcock, also not yet any votes to great "the Lords Prayer", so it´s my choise this time.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2018 at 11:48
Hard to choose among these great pieces of music. My vote goes to "The Lords Prayer", for very personal reasons, but all have their own charm.
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2018 at 17:20
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

I would say "The Same Old Rock" beats them all, but from this list "Me and My Woman" followed by "McGoohan's Blues".

I could have chosen any of the 4 tracks on Stormcock but did the lazy thing and went for M&MW; I feel a vote for that track is a vote for the Stormcock lp in generalWink

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2018 at 17:27
Originally posted by Squonk19 Squonk19 wrote:

"Me and my woman" - my favourite longer track by Roy. I actually think his shorter tracks often hit the target better, overall.

I agree; some his shortest, simplest songs such as '12 hours of sunset', 'another day' and 'unknown soldier' have the most direct, emotional impact.. maybe that can be a poll all of its ownSmile

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2018 at 00:06
Me and My Woman

Check out the live version on 'Flashes from the Archives of Oblivion'. Wonderful!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2018 at 14:58
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Me and My Woman

Check out the live version on 'Flashes from the Archives of Oblivion'. Wonderful!

Clap and I just love the side made up of 'Highway blues' and 'One man rock n roll band' and all the looped madness, acid guitar and crazy stoned story!

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2018 at 10:07
^ Indeed. Excellent from start to finish.

The way that you shift, man...
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2018 at 11:18
From that list 'Woman'....but there are songs on his other albums that resonate more with me.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2018 at 06:24
Hi,

I don't know ... I feel like choosing one painting by Picasso, one piece of music by Beethoven or Mozart, or one chapter from Hemingway ... you get the point.

I love them all dearly, and can not make up my mind which one I like better.

Sorry, to not play top ten favorites, but an artist is an artist ... and Roy is living proof of one of the best.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2018 at 14:15
^ no worries man, I understand and agree with your sentiments entirely :)

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2019 at 00:07
TLP
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply