Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for the name of a song / band for 35 years
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for the name of a song / band for 35 years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2018 at 06:07
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

The vocals are very '80s and there ae at least a keyboard and a sequencer. I would check some British electronics of that age, like Soft Cell or even Ultravox. I'm not expert in that genre but this is what comes to my mind.
It's that kind of style but it's not Soft Cell or Ultravox.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2018 at 00:35
The vocals are very '80s and there ae at least a keyboard and a sequencer. I would check some British electronics of that age, like Soft Cell or even Ultravox. I'm not expert in that genre but this is what comes to my mind.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
AustinMaxi View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AustinMaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 14:06
If I've done it right, the audio clip can be heard here for your listening pleasure:

https://youtu.be/apxApqPZE4Q

My first attempt at You Tube.

Edited by AustinMaxi - October 11 2018 at 14:07
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2018 at 23:51
Wild stab in the dark but Kayak were still (just) going in 1983 and that is the kind of cheesy lyric that featured on some of the songs on the Merlin album (Seagull maybe).
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AustinMaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2018 at 14:09
I forgot to mention nothing comes up on Shazam or Soundhound.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AustinMaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2018 at 14:03
Around 1983 I recorded part of a semi instrumental song played on 'The LP show' broadcast by Tros Radio Hilversum 3 on Thursday evenings. If reception was good I would pick it up on medium wave in the UK. The show played prog rock and new age and synthesiser music.

No amount of internet searching has shed any light on who it was by.

Is there any way I can upload the recording so someone can listen to it.

The lyrics I can make out are: 'love is falling away from you...., runaway from your heart for nothing is real'

Guessing from the accent of the singer it may be a dutch band.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123