Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Dick van Dyke the last true multi-artist?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Dick van Dyke the last true multi-artist?
    Posted: October 09 2018 at 14:23
From how i view it if one master dance, music, drama/acting, writing, painting, sculpting, production = more than 5 roles in the arts your a multi-artist.

Dick whom mastered dancing, acting, direction, comedy and music to such a degree has a legendary status. To me hes the last true multi-artist.

Edited by Icarium - October 09 2018 at 15:41
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2018 at 14:32
poor Jerry never stood a chance ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2018 at 06:49
Dick Van Dike is more multi faceted that Van Dike Parks but I like Vincent Van Gough better than either Van Dike Parks or Dick Van Dike when it comes to performance art. Except when that list includes Eddie Van Halen.
Ah, what was the question again?
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2018 at 08:28
Sadly DVD is mostly remembered for his famously bad "cockney" accent in Mary Poppins. As for his musical contribution to the world, I can only think of Chim-chim-cheree.
 Post Reply Post Reply