Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
40 [50.63%]
39 [49.37%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2018 at 15:52
yeah...  that was the one real upset we had in this World Cup.. unless one wants to call UZ nipping Rivershade at the final bell to be an upset.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2018 at 15:54
You know, the real prog fans need to retaliate about the dominance of the fans of people who like to put saucepans on their heads and hit them with wooden spoons LOL!

Edited by Raff - October 25 2018 at 15:54
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2018 at 15:59
well it wasnt too long ago I was a proud and prominent member of the tuneless and talentless anti Avant crew.   

Then you two..and a certain Miriodor show and album started my conversion.  I might still be a rocker and sh*t kicker at heart.. but have to really come to love the sounds of wooden spoons and metal pans. 

especially when accompanied by a bassoon... 

Edited by micky - October 25 2018 at 15:59
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2018 at 16:02
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Still can't be believe Focus beat Magma.

YEAH, I mean I like Focus now especially their 3rd album.. but no it's not better than MDK or Magma has a bunch of good albums actually. I can't believe this. So anyway just voted for PFM because.. it's just wrong man.  
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2018 at 16:14
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

YEAH, I mean I like Focus now especially their 3rd album.. but no it's not better than MDK or Magma has a bunch of good albums actually. I can't believe this. So anyway just voted for PFM because.. it's just wrong man.  

I'm filing an injunction.

RECOUNT!
RECOUNT!
RECOUNT!
Junges View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2018 at 17:06

Symphonic will almost always beat Zeuhl... unfortunately.
Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2018 at 17:17
Focus is good, but PFM is better.
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
tboyd1802 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tboyd1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2018 at 19:28
Not even close, PFM...
He neither drank, smoked, nor rode a bicycle. Living frugally, saving his money, he died early, surrounded by greedy relatives. It was a great lesson to me -- John Barrymore
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2018 at 19:53
PFM I suppse 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2018 at 23:31
Focus very easily. I have never fully warmed up to PFM.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2018 at 23:43
Yodeling?   I'll take PFM.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 03:35
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

yeah...  that was the one real upset we had in this World Cup.. unless one wants to call UZ nipping Rivershade at the final bell to be an upset.

Look at the votes now. Riverside are winning. This is because a number of real prog fans are so disillusioned with this site that they hardly bother visiting it, hence they missed the poll until after it closed. That's confirmed by the low number of votes in all these polls.

At it's heyday, several thousand people visited the site each day. It's a fraction of that now. Other prog sites are thriving: I'm on them and so are many people who used to be regulars on here.

Why are they leaving? Because this site has become a love in for Avant/RIO and many of us can't stand that genre (Cardiacs perhaps excepted).

I doubt if I'll be on here in 6 months unless things pick up: other prog sites are much more to my taste.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 03:55
Silly me... I thought it was the whole Captcha debacle that was driving people awayWink. Now it turns out to be it is the horrible tastes of people like me and my friend Ian (aka Nogbad). Feels good to be so important LOL!

BTW, Voted for PFM, and not out of patriotism. While I have a lot of time for classic Focus, I find PFM's music more interesting.
Kotro View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kotro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 04:27
Love them both, but PFM takes this for me.
Bigger on the inside.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 07:51
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

Why are they leaving? Because this site has become a love in for Avant/RIO and many of us can't stand that genre..

Even sillier than your recent Zappa/Horslips comment, friend.

On the other hand...I wonder why some folks, the ones who constantly claims that the PA forum people are so f**king boring nowadays are still hanging around.

I'm a little bit slow between the ears (too much Old Toby), can you explain that to me guys?

Edited by Barbu - October 26 2018 at 08:26
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 08:51

Look at the votes now. Riverside are winning. This is because a number of real prog fans are so disillusioned with this site that they hardly bother visiting it, hence they missed the poll until after it closed. That's confirmed by the low number of votes in all these polls.

At it's heyday, several thousand people visited the site each day. It's a fraction of that now. Other prog sites are thriving: I'm on them and so are many people who used to be regulars on here.

Why are they leaving? Because this site has become a love in for Avant/RIO and many of us can't stand that genre (Cardiacs perhaps excepted).

I doubt if I'll be on here in 6 months unless things pick up: other prog sites are much more to my taste.

Fantastic post, RIO being a niche within a niche is the cause of all PA's problems. Guess people just got bored of endless Yes & Genesis threads. I checked the first two pages of the two main forums and found a total of two RIO threads. I guess my quiet underground revolution must be really really underground as literally no-one is posting. The RIO Appreciation thread hasn't had a post since MAY!
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 09:25
PFM by a mile!!!

Junges View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 10:27
Focus
gr8dane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr8dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 13:12
Love both, but PFM more.
Shake & bake.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2018 at 13:35

Fantastic post, RIO being a niche within a niche is the cause of all PA's problems. Guess people just got bored of endless Yes & Genesis threads. I checked the first two pages of the two main forums and found a total of two RIO threads. I guess my quiet underground revolution must be really really underground as literally no-one is posting. The RIO Appreciation thread hasn't had a post since MAY!
Haha PA's open-minded listeners with their broad tastes in music are ruining this site. A real prog fan doesn't like RIO and chooses Riverside over Univers Zero. Obviously. If everyone had just kept to liking Camel, Strawbs and the likes this place would have far more visitors. Anyway my impression is that most of us enjoys the bands Hercules likes - so the problem is that we like so much more.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>