Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMp3s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mp3s
    Posted: September 17 2005 at 17:53
Does anyone have any comments relating to the mp3s posted on Progarchives.com?

Edited by metalprogressiv
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2005 at 20:23
Why do you keep posting the same question about mp3's on this site?You have posted the same question in THREE forums and the one you posted in  the Prog Music Lounge you were given a very good answer to your question.What are you,a lawyer for a record company?

tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2005 at 23:22

Originally posted by metalprogressiv metalprogressiv wrote:

those mp3's are here to promote the music, to get people to learn about the music we care about so much, and to eventually help us gain world domination, and turn the world around to a prog dominated and R&B free world.

but we need your assistence to set the world free of pre-conceived conceptions on what prog is all about. It's not about being better, but about being yourself and having an envirement where we can share our passion about music. one of those methods is learning from each other and discussing music and songs and bands amongst each other. and the only way to preach the gospel is to let people hear the gospel.

there are some rules on this site. only a limited nr of mp3's per band, no more than one mp3 per album, those are to insure this site is not a download site, but a promotional site about our music, and to get people to buy the albums.

of course thisn is just my opinion

Edited by tuxon
I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT
cobb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2005 at 23:34
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Why do you keep posting the same question about mp3's on this site?You have posted the same question in THREE forums and the one you posted in  the Prog Music Lounge you were given a very good answer to your question.What are you,a lawyer for a record company?

RIAA I'd say....

Look out M@X and Rony- they're coming to see you.

Edited by cobb
limeyrob View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 05:12

Yes, I definately do have something to say. IT'S COSTING ME A SMALL FORTUNE. I've bought over 150 albums since discovering this site. The process is

See a favourable review

Download an MP3 and listen a few times

10% - 20% I'll probably buy the CD which will lead to getting more by the artists.

examples include: Mostly Autumn, Blackmore's Night, IQ,Arena, Nightwish, Dream Theater, Royal Hunt, Porcupine Tree, Marillion, Dead Soul Tribe and a load more

Plus forum members recommendations.

If that doesn't make for a successful site I give in.

metalprogressiv View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2005 at 20:56
[QUOTE=TheProgtologist]Why do you keep posting the same question about mp3's on this site?You have posted the same question in THREE forums and the one you posted in  the Prog Music Lounge you were given a very good answer to your question.

RESPONSE:
Originally, I posted my question in both the Forums & General and Newbies areas. I then added it to the Prog Music Lounge. After Trouserpress responded to my inquiry in the Prog Music Lounge, it apparently was deleted.

I edited my question and posted it again in the Forums and General area because I would like a second or third opinion.

[QUOTE=TheProgtologist]You have posted the same question in THREE forums and the one you posted in  the Prog Music Lounge you were given a very good answer to your question.

RESPONSE:
While I comprehend and appreciate the replies of Trouserpress, a question remains: why would a sizeable music website, such as Progarchives.com, offer free mp3s without first clearing them with the respective group or artist?  I understand that some bands have no problem with this; however, considering the current climate of music-related lawsuits, it seems like an odd policy.

[QUOTE=TheProgtologist]What are you,a lawyer for a record company?

RESPONSE:
No, I am not a lawyer of any kind. I am, among other things, a musician and a fan of Progressive music and Metal.

"Nature inanimate employs sweet sounds, but animated nature sweeter still, to soothe and satisfy the human ear".

--William Cowper
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 12:43
Originally posted by tuxon tuxon wrote:

those mp3's are here to promote the music, to get people to learn about the music we care about so much, and to eventually help us gain world domination, and turn the world around to a prog dominated and R&B free world.

but we need your assistence to set the world free of pre-conceived conceptions on what prog is all about. It's not about being better, but about being yourself and having an envirement where we can share our passion about music. one of those methods is learning from each other and discussing music and songs and bands amongst each other. and the only way to preach the gospel is to let people hear the gospel.

there are some rules on this site. only a limited nr of mp3's per band, no more than one mp3 per album, those are to insure this site is not a download site, but a promotional site about our music, and to get people to buy the albums.

Thank you for your response.

laters

"Nature inanimate employs sweet sounds, but animated nature sweeter still, to soothe and satisfy the human ear".

--William Cowper
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2005 at 23:16
Originally posted by tuxon tuxon wrote:

What's wrong with R&B?

--William Cowper
 Post Reply Post Reply