Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Led Zeppelin vs Deep Purple

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which of these songs do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [36.36%]
21 [63.64%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2018 at 19:48
Dig both bands but Child in Time is an easy choice for me. Crankin' guitar and supreme vocals on that number.
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2018 at 17:51
That's a great choice for a duel..... hmmm. Child in Time (studio, but especially on Made in Japan) is rather special, but I think I have to go for Zep's No Quarter because it is so layered, atmospheric and shows them at their most proggy, thanks to JPJ's keyboards. Only the dodgy haircut on The Song Remains the Same film gives me doubts, but not enough! 😂
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Cylli Kat View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cylli Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2018 at 17:20
^ Have to agree with the Star Trek time machine, Allan Holdsworth inspired album titled guy on this one. Wink

Love Purple, Love Zep, but on this one I think No Quarter comes out on top.

[Insert Clever Phrase Here]
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2018 at 17:08
No Quarter, especially live.   As good as the version on TSRtS is, it evolved and got even better for the next tour in '75 with them expanding it to about 40 minutes and Jones with a great extended grand piano break.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2018 at 16:41
Which of these songs do you prefer: Led Zeppelin's No Quarter or Deep Purple's Child In Time?

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12