Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

French Lyric Prog Recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2018 at 15:52
Serge Gainsbourg: L'Histoire de Melody Nelson. Prog related for me, with unusual lyrics. Especially the first and last tracks (Melody and Cargo culte)
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2018 at 20:16
Though it's already been mentioned, I must remark that Harmonium are great, specially Si On Avait besoine d'une Cinquiem Saison. Then there's also Alcest, which I don't remember having seen mentioned (Ecaille des Lunes is the one I know). And there's a strange album from Therion, whom are swedish and usually sing in english (and some other languages), but they released an album of only French covers from the 60's and 70's, making a rather strange mix in paper, buth which sounds brilliant, with that very french sound mixed with metal and operatic vocals and choirs, as well as some orchestrations (in the end, just the Therion sound).
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2018 at 15:44
Wanted to circle back on this thread and thank everyone for their suggestions.  I've discovered some great albums by Motis, Trocarn, Malicorne, Maelstrom & Emmanuel Booz Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12