Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vocalist Required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dougie McGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vocalist Required
    Posted: December 23 2018 at 03:36
I am looking for a vocalist who can write good lyrics to work with me on an album project.  

So far I have 6 short songs completed instrumentally and ready for the addition of vocals.

Current run time is 31 minutes.

There are another 2 songs in the pipeline currently being worked on, one of which will be the longest on the album at slightly over 9 minutes.  

I am aiming for perhaps 10 songs to complete the project and hope to have a total run time for the album of around 60 minutes.

My current batch of songs are quite heavy, mostly guitar based,  and contain some elements of prog.

There are also some ambient moments but the emphasis for this album will be on the heavy side.

Full consideration has been given to melody and the fullest attention given to the small details.

You may be male or female and can be based anywhere in the world.

My only stipulation is that you can write and sing in good English and have a checkable track record of previous work that I can access to determine your suitability for the project.

There is currently no money being offered for the project, but if the album goes multi platinum you will receive royalties according to your contribution..  :)

If you think you might be interested please send me a message in the first instance with a link to some of your previous work.

Edited by Dougie McGee - January 03 2019 at 10:03
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2019 at 06:01
Hi Dougie, there used to be a forum called "The Modern Vocalist". Might be worth putting an ad up there. 

I never had any success on it, though. Most vocalists seemed to want to be paid exorbitant sums to sing live and be adored, either that or they seemed to like singing tunelessly into a mobile phone to produce a demo. 

Good luck, hope you find someone !!! There are also websites such as Join My Band (if you're UK based). 

Cheers
Dave

Dougie McGee View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dougie McGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2019 at 10:01
Lol.  Thanks Dave.  I know what you mean about the mobile phone demo thing - it's why I didn't bother advertising on Soundcloud which seems to attract millions of them doing that sort of thing..  :)

I tried that  'Join my band'  website a few years ago as well as a few others with zero results.  I know it's a long shot but just thought I'd try my luck here as a new possibility. I don't live in expectation of any great results...

I'll have a look at that other one you mention as I've never heard of it till now..

Cheers mate.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2019 at 02:18
Welcome, Dougie, all the best, mate !

I was trying to find people who wanted to join an (early) Tangerine Dream style band in Macclesfield using Join My Band.

Surprisingly, no takers. ;-)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2019 at 02:19
Oho, PS, just a thought, what about Bandcamp ? Given that anyone who's on there is possibly a bit more together than on Soundcloud ? 

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dougie McGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2019 at 05:21
Originally posted by Davesax1965 Davesax1965 wrote:

Welcome, Dougie, all the best, mate !

I was trying to find people who wanted to join an (early) Tangerine Dream style band in Macclesfield using Join My Band.

Surprisingly, no takers. ;-)

Lol again. Given the musical attention span of most folk in my experience these days, it's not surprising you had no takers for that one.  Anything longer than the standard 3 minutes and most folks in the mainstream just don't get it...

Bandcamp might be an idea  - I'll look into it.

Cheers.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dougie McGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2019 at 11:04
Position now filled.  Thanks to all who responded.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2019 at 11:19
WOW - That was fast !

(good luck with it, keep us posted)
 Post Reply Post Reply