Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Farewell, Farewell.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2018 at 02:09
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Very sorry to see you go, Steve, and hope you can return soon. I would suggest that just because you can't see what you're typing, or being incapable of replying in a coherent manner isn't a handicap on this site. Some people have typed gibberish for years and remain on the forum. Mosh and Micky, for example.

LOLClap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2018 at 02:49
Steve. This is extremely sad. I know how debilitating MD can be, as my mother in law, who lives with us, suffers from it. I also know, therefore, that there is no easy "fix".

Stay strong, my friend.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2018 at 02:52
I'm sorry to hear that, Steve, take care ...

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2018 at 06:46
Thanks to all for your warm wishes and kind regards. If I've learned anything its that those that love music also possess a love for humanity. We may not always see it but even the grouchy curmudgeon who displays a marked sense of fair play possesses it, we just have to look harder at times to see it in some people.

Peace and best wishes to all. 

Edited by SteveG - December 27 2018 at 07:42
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 13:22
So sorry to see you go and all the very best for the future Steve.

AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 13:47
Very sad to hear Steve and do hope you do choose to stick around as technology advances (that is if you choose to!).  

Since I am getting on in the years myself, I will leave you with a bit of humor of this Dr. Seuss take on The Golden Years.  Since I think I have about half of these symptoms, I thought it would fit (if not, forgive me).  Wish you the very best!

The Golden Years have come at last.

I cannot see.
I cannot pee.
I cannot chew.
I cannot screw.
My memory shrinks.
My hearing stinks.
No sense of smell.
I look like hell.
My body is drooping.
I have trouble pooping.
The Golden Years have come at last.
The Golden Years . . . can kiss my ass.
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 14:54
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Thanks to all for your warm wishes and kind regards. If I've learned anything its that those that love music also possess a love for humanity. We may not always see it but even the grouchy curmudgeon who displays a marked sense of fair play possesses it, we just have to look harder at times to see it in some people.

Peace and best wishes to all. 
All I can say is that if that is really Steve's last post, it's a beautiful way to sign off. 

Clap ClapBeer
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2018 at 11:08
ClapClapClapClapClap

Edited by kenethlevine - December 30 2018 at 11:08
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2018 at 11:15
Very sorry to see you go, Steve. Please take care.
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2018 at 16:29
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Those who know me know that I'm visually impaired from macular degeneration and that has made my ability to have 'running' dialogs and discussions virtually impossible so it's with regret that I bid PA a found farewell and wish all its members good luck in the future. God knows, we all need it.

ahh man so sorry to hear that. I didn't know.  You will be missed. You are one the aces of the site, a true forum VIP, and were always damn good intelligent conversation. Music and otherwise.  Take care of yourself and perhaps if there is some technology or programs out there to help that you might find it and come back to us before we start dropping out ourselves.  For yeah man... good luck... we all are going to need it. 

Clap
"Happiness is real only when shared"
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2018 at 06:07
Oh God. Not familiar with novel ophthalmological treatments but do hope VEGF injection or so should mitigate your impairment. Unhappy
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2018 at 10:31
Steve, I'm really sorry to hear it, the Forum will be a smaller place without you. Hopefully you can pop in from time to time. 

All the best and take care
Dave

irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2019 at 07:49
Man, that sucks. I enjoyed your featured albums threads. Your contributions were positive, your absence won't be...

Take care man. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12