Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reaction Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2019 at 16:05
They get old pretty fast.  The best ones are the Vegas guys when they first discover early Sabbath and Bill Ward's drumming, as well as some of the Van Halen tracks. The best ones are when the instrumentalist blow their minds. 

But I think this is the single most entertaining reaction video I've seen.

Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2019 at 02:44
^^^ I really like the Lost in Vegas reactions vids. I hadn't seen this one. I love their enthusiasm and passion for the music.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2019 at 14:47
OK as mentioned in my original post, I said I would post my 'favorite' negative reaction.  This one's to King Crimson COTCK.

On second listen, I decided it really wasn't my 'favorite' at all, but even with the (likely) bit of acting in here, it demonstrates, and reminds us prog-fans, of how badly some people hate prog rock..  Kind of funny, in a way.

Z
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2019 at 15:12
^ LMFAO !!!!   You think he liked it just a wee bit ?
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2019 at 16:14
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ LMFAO !!!!   You think he liked it just a wee bit ?

Yah maybe.    The part where he's sleeping is probably Moonchild extension.  haha.
Z
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2019 at 20:25
Lost in Vegas guys are the best, they are very genuine and more importantly honest. Pretty much all the others are copying Lost In Vegas. If you notice a lot of the others are reacting to songs they have done already. Vegas guys did LZ "When the Levee Breaks", a very good one......then there is another 2 reactions showing up.

The Vegas guys do not care for/like Dream Theater, other than As I Am they like that song, but it is more metal based. The first DT they did was Metropolis pt1, they did another DT and the reaction was the same.
What I like is they react to old country/western songs too as they are trying to understand all genres.

Rush are one of their favorites and they reference Rush a lot. The recent Boston reaction was very good......
Jackal3000 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jackal3000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2019 at 13:15
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I'd like to see a Puritans React to Comus or Kids React to Shub-Niggurath.

LOL!! I've enjoyed some Reaction videos as well - it would be very funny to be able to request specific pairings.

Amish people react to "Welcome to the Machine"

The most refined aficionados of opera react to Ayreon's "The Theory of Everything"

Etc....
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2019 at 13:21
Originally posted by Jackal3000 Jackal3000 wrote:

LOL!! I've enjoyed some Reaction videos as well - it would be very funny to be able to request specific pairings.

The most refined aficionados of opera react to Ayreon's "The Theory of Everything"

Etc....

"Amish people react to "Welcome to the Machine"" is brilliant!

{Amish React is a youtube series that I actually have wanted as ludicrous as it is, or really because it's so ludicrous an idea with their aversion to technology}

Edited by Logan - January 14 2019 at 13:27
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2019 at 13:56
I liked the Father and Son reaction videos, trying to get the kid to listen to something different. Or the old/young reactions. But yeah, after so many songs, I lost interest permanently.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2019 at 10:36

Etc....

Well, there are reactions by Opera singers to various performances--such as this video, reacting to one of Freddie Mercury's concert performances.

And speaking of F. Mercury, there are a ridiculously large number of videos reacting to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Edited by zwordser - January 15 2019 at 10:37
Z
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2019 at 10:45
I like this girls reaction to Porcupine Tree. She loves the 'atmosphere' in the music. Not many 'reactors' mention that..

Porcupine Tree

Edited by Blacksword - January 15 2019 at 10:48
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2019 at 17:46

Etc....

"Amish people react to "Welcome to the Machine"" is brilliant!

{Amish React is a youtube series that I actually have wanted as ludicrous as it is, or really because it's so ludicrous an idea with their aversion to technology}

Haha -- good idea!

"Welcome my sun..." (see, you don't need electricity, the sun is older than even our religion!)
"No dad, it's son"
"How do you know? You didn't read THAT in our library!"

Edited by MortSahlFan - January 15 2019 at 17:48
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 12:04
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I like this girls reaction to Porcupine Tree. She loves the 'atmosphere' in the music. Not many 'reactors' mention that..

Porcupine Tree

Yea she is good too, although has faded from the YT scene it seems. She was deep into the emotion of music...
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 12:53

Yeah, that was fun. Thanks Andy.

I like the fact that she doesn't stop the music constantly, which is the one thing that drives me crazy about the Vegas guys.  I know they have to stop sometimes when they want to really have a chat...but I've noticed the stops are just too often to my taste.  This women has a better approach for the shorter comments. 

The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 14:42
I've only watched a few of these, and they were very superficial. It was just "I like that" or "I don't like it". No explaining of why this or that works or doesn't work. A little bit frightening to watch to be honest
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 20:06
This one's a reaction to Focus - Hocus Pocus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lHdQhewEnU

Here's the same guy reacting to Tull's Locomotive Breath
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBEtHhMG64s

A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2019 at 01:27
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Yeah, that was fun. Thanks Andy.

I like the fact that she doesn't stop the music constantly, which is the one thing that drives me crazy about the Vegas guys.  I know they have to stop sometimes when they want to really have a chat...but I've noticed the stops are just too often to my taste.  This women has a better approach for the shorter comments. 
Yea the Vegas guys are I think just making sure their videos don't get shutdown due to copyrights stuff, so they pause a lot. I have no problem because their reactions are about the music and lyrics and just a break down. Some songs they let play almost thru with no interruptions, I think it just depends how much they like the song.
Kempokid View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kempokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2019 at 07:32
My favourite reactions tend to be the ones about vocal coaches reacting to various singers. I really love how they analyse the performance. 
Here's one reacting to Devin Townsend's Kingdom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-nm97NkRg
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2019 at 20:37
Vegas guys teed up some Dream Theater

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2019 at 01:11
^ Yea I watched this one the other day, not surprised as all the other copy cat reactors have done this song. DT people reached out to the Vegas duo they said. They are not fans of DT, first song they did was Metropolis pt1 which original reaction was not good. 
This new song is more prog-metal vs Metropolis, the Vegas guys like metal, which is why they really liked As I Am.
They did Symphony X~Wicked, and I was not expecting a good reaction...it was not. Songs like that are wayy too prog/weird/wonky/boring for non prog people.

But still they are very good at having an open mind and giving honest feelings. I'm not a Patreon member but if you join you get access to their Yes~Roundabout reaction....

Edited by Catcher10 - January 28 2019 at 01:17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>