Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player vsCaribou
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player vsCaribou

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which of these more anonymus albums do you like the most
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [80.00%]
1 [20.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player vsCaribou
    Posted: January 15 2019 at 17:29
These two albums is surrounded by Eltons super releases 3-4 5 star albums (according to AllMusic) and the Elton John album is more regarded than the two albums in poll.

Don't Shoot Me is Eltons first forray into Glam Rock, album that consist of huge songs like Daniel and Crockedile Rock and some gems all over the album pluss track 5 is one of Eltons most ambitious compositions. 

Caribou is pretty artsy, some wonderfull melodies and the enternaly epic song "Don't Let thd Sun Go Down On Me" is the stellar song, but their are other really cool songs criminaly overlooked.

Edited by Icarium - January 16 2019 at 01:20
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2019 at 19:10
"Don't Shoot Me..." is a favorite of mine even more than "Captain Fantastic".  The songs are more memorable and  "Have Mercy on the Criminal" is Elton/Bernie's most criminally underrated song ever.

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2019 at 07:30
Caribou is the album I have spun the least from hes classic run of releases but i am warming up to it now.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2019 at 14:31
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

"Don't Shoot Me..." is a favorite of mine even more than "Captain Fantastic".  The songs are more memorable and  "Have Mercy on the Criminal" is Elton/Bernie's most criminally underrated song ever.
here is a nice live version of " Have Nercy on the Criminals"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gG5ei1wJ_D0

Edited by Icarium - January 16 2019 at 14:38
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 11:58
I'm kind of surprised that Elton was even brought up on the forum......my last favorite by him was Madman...but there are some nice tracks on Honky, Don't Shoot, and Yellow Brick.......on this one I suppose 
Don't Shoot over Caribou.
I was lucky enough to have seen him in the early days at IU Bloomington, IN  in 1973

Edited by dr wu23 - January 17 2019 at 12:00
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 02:44
Don’t Shoot for sure. One of his better albums although I really enjoy his live release from 1970 the most, just piano/vocals, drums and bass.
 Post Reply Post Reply