Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the musical box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the musical box
    Posted: January 23 2019 at 20:36
Saw the recent show in t.o, frankly not the same show ,but let me explain a whole new band except the bassist and vocalist ,highlights, the lamb lies down on Broadway lilywhite litith ,counting out time,in the cage ,breathtaking and real coup d,etat ,wind and weathering, in that quiet earth,wot gorilla amazing ,then trick of the tail los endos wow,dance on a volcano excellent,fox trot can-utility and coastliners , very good but i find timetable is awesome ,i would say perfect ,looking for someone, what can i say trespass, done almost like the record ,all in all ,a show for the genesis fan ,please do not miss this performance,although like the past,this is genesis in all it,s glory days done right.

Edited by grantman - January 23 2019 at 20:39
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2019 at 00:44
They did the whole of side one of LLDOB when I saw them last year and it was great. I was les impressed by Trick and WAW though. They should stick to the PG era exclusively imo.
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2019 at 01:09
I saw them twice, one with The Lamb tour and one with the SEBTP tour. Heaven for those of us who missed the authentic Gabriel era. I would go see them again and again.
MrMHead View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrMHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2019 at 19:59
Saw them twice for SEBTP

Have tix for upcoming "Genesis Extravaganza" as OP appears to refer to.

I'd love to see the Lamb show.

No Civilization here. Tried it on but it would not fit.
Seems only a thin veneer. A little rubbing and it comes off quick.
- The Bears
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2019 at 02:27
I saw them a few years back in London, and they were superb. The guy sitting behind me told me that he'd seen Genesis doing the Lamb back in the day, but thought The Musical Box did it better.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2019 at 02:33
This is one tribute band I'd definitely check out if they come near Boston.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 06:12
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

This is one tribute band I'd definitely check out if they come near Boston.

Thursday 7th March fella!  Wilbur Theater?....
 Post Reply Post Reply