Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bands with similar sounds to Babylon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philipemery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bands with similar sounds to Babylon
    Posted: February 05 2019 at 15:33
So for those who know me, they know that I love me some Babylon, as in the 1978 band that released their eponymous album (lead singer named Doroccas) who then split, and didn't make any other studio releases.

I absolutely love their sound, particularly on the former half of the album, and am wondering if there are more that sound like it?

I realize a lot of people make the Genesis-Babylon connection in sound, though while I've listened to most of Genesis' discography I am having problems hearing that similarity myself.

Anyways, wondering if you all have some suggestions for similar sounding material.
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon. -- Pink Floyd
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2019 at 16:26
First two Ambrosia albums and first two Pavlov's Dog albums. I can't think of many other bands with weird sounding vocalists although you might also like Nad Sylvan who sings with Steve Hackett from time to time.

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2019 at 11:14
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 08:43
England's Garden Shed has a similar snare sound...
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2019 at 02:53
Cathedral - Stained Glass Stories maybe ?? Or Yezda Urfa - Boris ?
I have a Live Babylon LP, but sound quality is very iffy. Hard to hear their ‘pure’ sound. It’s really good though.
 Post Reply Post Reply