Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Zopp- UK Canterbury - Looking for mixing engineer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zopp- UK Canterbury - Looking for mixing engineer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IGNEO1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zopp- UK Canterbury - Looking for mixing engineer
    Posted: February 16 2019 at 16:25
Hello,

I'm an artist from the UK, currently under the name of 'Zopp'.

My music is a cross between instrumental Canterbury Scene (inspired by National Health/ Egg) and dark prog/jazz.

I have recorded an album and i am looking for someone to mix the record. 

Can you recommend any mixing engineers who understand this music, preferably in the UK or Europe? 

I am currently making a list of people in the prog world who would be interested and suitable. I am reluctant to go to the 'top dogs' i.e. Hackett and Wilson, as i'm not signed yet, but my budget is stable shall we say.

For example, i hear Dave Lawson ex-Greenslade still operates a studio; he's on my list.

I've contacted Peter Hamill, Jakko, John Mcentire (Tortoise). No responses yet ... haha 

You can listen to two demos here >> https://zopp.bandcamp.com/

Any help and tips on finding a suitable mixing engineer appreciated!
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2019 at 17:13
Man, that is sounding AWSOME !   How you get your organ sound ?   It’s classic Dave Stewart through and through. Best sound ever actually. Sorry can’t help with what you’re seeking. I’m sure someone will pick up on it quickly - it’s potential is apparent.
IGNEO1991 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IGNEO1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2019 at 17:19
Wow, thanks Tom! That's right, Dave Stewart is a favourite of mine; my record has a lot of fuzz hammond organlead sounds and fuzz bass, very much like Egg, National Health, Hatfield etc. I have a Korg cx3 organ and i ran it through a Big Muff fuzz pedal and Vox wah pedal. 
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2019 at 17:55
Check out M23:Studio. They're Poland based so their services are not superexpensive. You should try messaging them.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
IGNEO1991 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IGNEO1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2019 at 04:42
Hi Hrychu. Thank you! I should have replied sooner on this thread- it is currently being mixed in the UK by a prog keyboard legend who really understands the 'Canterbury sound' shall we say. I won't reveal his name for now, but i'll give everyone an update once the record is out! Feel free to like the Zopp Facebook page for updates >> https://www.facebook.com/zoppmusic/
 Post Reply Post Reply