18 [31.58%]
30 [52.63%]
6 [10.53%]
3 [5.26%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 08:16
love both

if you twist my arm I would go with Steely Dan

but

voted both
Prog On!
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 10:02
I wouldbnever twist anyones arm when regarding desiding favourites, thats cruel beyond belief.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 14:59
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

Steely Dan!

Not a fan of ELO outside of a couple songs. ELO has this.....sound....to their music that I don't like. I can only describe it as the ELO sound. I've tried the early stuff and while far more intriguing then their later music still doesn't connect with me.

I feel pretty meh about ELO.  Admittedly, I have never gone beyond Eldorado but the meh-ness didn't particularly enthuse me and I didn't feel like investigating their other stuff. 
meh-ness   
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 15:01
Dennis the Mehness ?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 15:15
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Dennis the Mehness ?

Scorpius View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 17:17
In terms of sheer musicianship and talent, SD any day. ELO has a bit too much pop in their discography for me to really hold a candle to SD.
The most dangerous man in America.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 17:35
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

For me SD is more boring than a Sunday without sports.

ELO no doubt 

pfff...  get your ass up here to the states and see me.. and I'll show you how boring the Dan is as you and me paint the town red with the Dan blasting from the death machines killer sound system.

trust me.. you'll gain a new appreciation of them LOL

anyhow.. perhaps the hardest vote of all of them so far.  I really do love me some ELO and have an emotional and nostalic attachment to them that the Dan, while they were the first group whom I bought an album of (god bless good ol' Columbia House) but even before Aja..  I was moved by my mothers ELO 8-tracks haha..

if there was one group that lead me to prog so many years later.. it was that group.. and if there was one song..  it was this one

still though..  nothing really tops the Dan when it comes to the objective qualities..  no band really tops their decade plus of sustained brilliance and a talent for songwriting and ear for melody that tops even the formidable talents of Jeff Lynne.

Edited by micky - February 19 2019 at 17:36
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 11:32
Steely Dan
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123