Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Kelly Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2019 at 06:19
3/11/19 

I know it seems like a lot, I'm sure that there will be a lull at some point, but for now, I have some more news and a review to share with everyone.

This review came in to me while I was listening to Light Without Heat yesterday, if you missed that show, you can access it via the link I will post at the end.  "The Keys," from A Quail's House was featured, along with some other very tasty progressive music from recent releases to classics.

Also, since the music was featured on Friday Night Progressive on Friday, as of this am, Tom's website has doubled in visits since Friday.

Link to Light Without Heat to listen to the March 10th (The Keys) and March 17th shows (suprise playing of "Travels (Pt 3)," on March 17, both from A Quail's House:

https://www.spreaker.com/show/light_without_heat

Link to review:

Edited by Snicolette - March 18 2019 at 08:00
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2019 at 14:27
3/9/19   From The Just In Time To Advance Announce Dept:  Tom will be amongst the featured artists on the Light Without Heat web radio show today, starting at 4PM Left Coast time. 

Please join in on listening and there is also a very active chat during the show.

http://www.spreaker.com/show/light_without_heat?fbclid=IwAR1TdF0pE188EWvO9MeRbIB0kJJ0-1YtN0Y000BbhQ1NynJNQ9POY1HNxUI

Edited by Snicolette - March 11 2019 at 06:20
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2019 at 09:23
From the Too Late to Make An Advanced Announcement Dept:

Tom's music was featured on Friday Night Progressive last night, both "Catherine," and "God and the Flatlanders (Waltz Version)," were played.  Really great responses in the chat room.  The host, Stephen Speelman, tells me that he will be playing more in future shows.  Show airs on Fridays from 6PM-8PM Left Coast time.

Please support these shows and stations when you're in the mood for listening, there are truly different personalities to the shows, due to their hosts (remember those radio days?).  I will of course let you know if there is any advance notice re Tom's music in particular.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2019 at 09:34
Attention Hamer-Heads....Martian on the Airwaves Saturday Evening, March 2....Just received word that a couple of selections from A Book Wife's Dream will be played on Prog Rock Nation that broadcasts from Las Cruces, NM, created and hosted by Julie Sanchez. Time is 8PM-10PM Mountain Time (1 hour ahead of the Left Coast).  Info on the show follows: 

Prog Rock Nation is a Progressive Rock radio show that airs on KTAL-LP 101.5 FM, Las Cruces, NM USA on Saturday nights 8-10pm MST/MDT and again on Sunday mornings 3-5am MST/MDT. KTAL-LP also has a live stream https://tunein.com/radio/KTAL-LP-s299277/ or lccommunityradio.org/stream.html so you can listen no matter where in the World you are. PRN is also streamed on www.CapitalRockRadio.com out of Melbourne, Australia, on Friday nights and again on Saturday mornings MST/MDT - due to constant time changes from American daylight savings time as well as Australian daylight savings time, please check the schedule on the www.CapitalRockRadio.com website for the time/day in your area. PRN usually airs on Capital Rock Radio a week after airing on KTAL-LP.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 13:29
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Sometimes in life we have to go to the music but sometimes it comes to us. Sometimes we have to put ourselves out there. As a former promoter myself I am glad to see people who choose to be brave and want to get the word out. I have suggested a few artists on here myself(some were added and some weren't) and if I heard Tom's music before you joined I probably would have tried to get him added on here. Finally, music that speaks to us or even music that we feel needs to be heard by more people is really what this site is all about. 
Thank you so much, Mike.  That is very kind of you.  And I feel that you posted that in a spirit of truth, rather than just kindness.

I agree, I've tried very hard to balance my additions here re Tom.  And in other places that his music is being played.  I am fortunate in that I have enjoyed a lively interest in this music all of my life, from well before I met Tom and enjoy the trading of knowledge that I see here, the majority is very respectful of other opinions...That is one of the beauties of this site, as I've been discovering since I joined last year.

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 13:14
Sometimes in life we have to go to the music but sometimes it comes to us. Sometimes we have to put ourselves out there. As a former promoter myself I am glad to see people who choose to be brave and want to get the word out. I have suggested a few artists on here myself(some were added and some weren't) and if I heard Tom's music before you joined I probably would have tried to get him added on here. Finally, music that speaks to us or even music that we feel needs to be heard by more people is really what this site is all about. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - February 19 2019 at 13:17
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 08:43
If you want me to, I could, apparently.  But it shows how helpful you are, which I think is good to keep.  Smile

Also wanted to add that DamoXt7492 (Keishiro) was incredibly helpful with many questions I had, so thank you to him as well!

Edited by Snicolette - February 20 2019 at 08:02
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 08:24
You're always welcome Smile

(to my surprise  I could not delete my own post - something I never did before but thought it might be possible)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 08:14
Thank you, Quinino (Jose), and for your help with the PA bio.  Smile

Edited by Snicolette - February 20 2019 at 08:01
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 08:11

You can make the links more friendly (clickable) like here below

(if you want copy/paste them into your own post and I'll delete this one then - or tell me otherwise to mind my own business LOL)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2019 at 08:05
Hello All....It was suggested that this would be the place for me to post this.  I joined ProgArchives a bit ago to promote Tom Kelly's releases and have stayed for a lot more than that.  I have gotten a couple of nice reviews of the material and want to link to them here.  Other admins, I think I got the proper OK (and also from the authors of the reviews to post here), but if not, please do let me know.

The Gagliarchives has played material from A Quail's House and have also received play on Aural Moon radio.  This site has been immeasurably helpful in finding the right audience and I am very appreciative of the kind welcome here.

Link to ProgArchives Entry: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=10717

Links to Kev Rowland's and Windhawk's Prog Archives reviews:

Relevant links to Tom's music for those interested:

Website and Other Links:

https://tomkelly.hearnow.com/

Bandcamp:  Tom Kelly

Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/12B8VWiH5wY4QoXHMCkIGc?si=aAlS_Dj3SVKytPG4lZBzFA&fbclid=IwAR0acjinZbHO_jliqJGdktiWiUMf_LM2U0gE6YRi0oOfOdHo3_z7ZpEPMgE

Edited by Snicolette - March 30 2020 at 14:46
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567