Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fave Track-Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of The Moon (1973)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fave Track-Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of The Moon (1973)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Fave Track-Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of The Moon (1973)?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [3.39%]
4 [6.78%]
26 [44.07%]
6 [10.17%]
4 [6.78%]
7 [11.86%]
3 [5.08%]
6 [10.17%]
1 [1.69%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 09:25
Breath - Time - Us and Them are absolutely iconic, but indeed the album is meant to be a unit. I vote Us and Them on the mood of the moment.
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 14:05
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Originally posted by dr prog dr prog wrote:

Any colour is crap lol
Really ??

Yeah just drags on. Don’t like great gig much either. Over dramatic nonsense
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 14:50

Any colour is crap lol
Really ??

It’s that synth (VCS 3 - not sure if they had a minimoog yet) that gets me every time. It is around 3.30 long - it can’t possibly ‘drag’. I have a very different live version running to over 7 minutes, a really good jam from the guys, too.
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 15:15

Any colour is crap lol
Really ??

It’s that synth (VCS 3 - not sure if they had a minimoog yet) that gets me every time. It is around 3.30 long - it can’t possibly ‘drag’. I have a very different live version running to over 7 minutes, a really good jam from the guys, too.

Think it’s the guitar that drags on for me. I’ve always enjoyed the first 3-4 songs. Drops off after that. I usually can’t be bothered with money and us and them. The album has a solid ending though
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2019 at 17:20

Any colour is crap lol
Really ??

Think it’s the guitar that drags on for me. I’ve always enjoyed the first 3-4 songs. Drops off after that. I usually can’t be bothered with money and us and them. The album has a solid ending though

It does not drag actually, but it is the hardest track to get into, and quite rewarding in the end.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 01:54
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Any colour is crap lol
Really ??

It does not drag actually, but it is the hardest track to get into, and quite rewarding in the end.
Admittedly, Gilmour’s wah’d guitar is a bit on the shrill side, but I love the heck out of this track.

Edited by Tom Ozric - March 27 2019 at 06:42
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 08:34
Eclipse
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 08:56
Time.

A true classic album.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
VicRelayer View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicRelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 09:17
The final part of the album, from Us and Them to Eclipse, is one of the best quarters of an hour that I have ever listened. 
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 12:03
I’ve never liked Brain Damage - it’s construction, the melody, the backing girl singers......that’s why I give DSOTM a 4 star rating.
VicRelayer View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicRelayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2019 at 14:54
With the years I started to hate Money. Good song, but repeated and repeated everywhere and everytime until the satiety. 
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2019 at 02:38
My friend crashed his car twice (not badly) and both times Money was playing on the radio. Needless to say, he hates that song with a passion. He likes most of the rest though.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2019 at 06:20
I'm surprised that Brain Damage/Eclipse doesn't get more vote....
I know Time is the most iconic track (and tied for top spot as my fave), but BD/E the "almost title track" and the most fantastic ending to the album.

Edited by Sean Trane - March 26 2019 at 06:22
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2019 at 09:01
^ Agreed . Mine was the only vote for Eclipse up to this point. Not sure why those don't have more votes. 
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2019 at 22:15
^ For me it was a difficult choice between Great Gig and Us & Them. But actually Brain Damage / Eclipse is just up there on my apreciation with those two... actually, I do like the 3 better than Time.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2019 at 00:55
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

I'm surprised that Brain Damage/Eclipse doesn't get more vote....
I haven't voted but Damage/Eclipse would be my pick if it was an option.
Stool Man View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stool Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2019 at 02:23
On The Run is the standout for me. But if I had to never again heard any Pink Floyd apart from one DSOTM track, I would choose Speak To Me.
rotten hound of the burnie crew
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2019 at 05:00

It’s that synth (VCS 3 - not sure if they had a minimoog yet) that gets me every time. It is around 3.30 long - it can’t possibly ‘drag’.

Some sources say he used the Mini Moog on that track but album credits never explicitely mentioned it (to the best of my knowledge) hence I did not include when updated the album's page, only the VCS3 and EMS Synthi A.

Edited by Quinino - March 27 2019 at 05:04
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2019 at 05:32
^ it certainly sounds more like an EMS than a Mini. I know Rick had a couple of Minis by WYWH and Animals. But there’s something magical about those synth lines in Any Colour. I just love that piece of music. Cheers.

Edited by Tom Ozric - March 27 2019 at 05:33
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2019 at 06:06
^ Outstanding music, indeed - cheers !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>