0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2019 at 00:17
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Originally posted by Formentera Lady Formentera Lady wrote:

Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

Try again score is changed from 1 to 10.... How is possible?
Polls where you allow multiple votes are always spoilt. I voted exactly three times for the songs I mentioned above, but others may not be that disciplined....Wink

Maybe someone clicked on the Try Again poll option, thought about the title, so tried again, and again, and again. Or as the saying goes, if at first you don't succeed try again, if next you don't succeed, try again, and so on.

Try Again was my top choice, but I only tried clicking on it once (and voted for two others).

Enabling multiple votes is always susceptible to manipulation, tom-foolery, and it increases the chance of error. I often use multiple-votes, but have never known anyone to abuse those polls. It's probably a lack of interest in part as my choices tend not to be very popular or mainstream, and they tend to attract the same members who just aren't into such antics. The worst I usually get is people not voting as much as I would like in multiple choice polls (I've actually said for some polls, vote as many times as you like for any one option, and still individuals will only vote once for an option, and often I see more posts than votes when I make polls, which I often appreciate.)

If you care about accuracy, then enabling multiple voting is not the best way to go. As for me, I care more about the discussion and comments than the poll results. I do wish that the voting members were made public with our forum software since you get a lot of silent voters in popular polls (like Genesis, Yes, Boyz II Men, King Crimson, G. Love & Special Sauce, Pink Floyd, Rush, Limp Bizkit etc.), and it would curb cases such as this (as would forum software that didn't allow you to vote for an option more than once). But it's not that important of an issue to me, more a curiosity.

Multiple voting polls are Always prone to abuse, sometimes caused by not knowing how to handle with these.
I suggested a way of improving these by using check boxes instead of radio buttons and cast the votes only once, but apparently this was addressed to deaf man's ears.

Back to topic: I cast my three allowed votes for:
1. Fool's Overture
2. Try Again
3. Hide in Your Shell

Yeah, unfortunately it often feels like suggestions for site improvements fall on deaf ears (or no ears at all).

Problem with implementing such improvements are:
a) Is it an option with our Web Wiz forum software (I seem to remember looking into this at Web Wiz and not seeing it as an option with our software), and if not, would it be compatible (could one mod it relatively easily), and if not would a change in forum software be considered.
b) Would M@x be willing to make the changes, or perhaps pay someone to do so (is Graphix still involved?), if one was able to contact him (as this is his site).

M@x rarely visits the forum it seems, and he posts hardly ever. My biggest issue is the Captcha, by the way, which causes me problems, although I find Opera much less prone to it than when I use the Chrome and Safari web browsers.

A change in the software might be required - I don't know how the Web Wiz software works -, but to me the suggested option seems more logical than any Supertramp song Wink. Do you still have problems with the Captcha's? I haven't seen them pass by - fortunately - for almost a year or so. I mostly use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 these days.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2019 at 00:24
Logical Song
Goodbye Stranger
Child Of Vision

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123