Poll Question: Who you like the most.?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [29.55%]
62 [70.45%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 17:11
Both giants by the way. Can't vote against the Crimson King. Can vote against VDGG, just about.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 18:43
I'd actually choose VDGG. I love KC, but VDGG is extra special for me, especially the first several albums. They tickle my prog spot very well.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 18:50
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

For those new to creating polls on here I recommend doing what I do and that is adding additional options such as "both equally" or "neither" or even "don't know both well enough to vote." This elicits more votes and the poll will stay around longer. Just a fyi.

I advise against that. Fence sitting should not be supported. (At least you didn't suggest "other", which is the worst.)

Well, you are entitled to your opinion.  

It's not fence sitting anyway. It's being able to vote even though you aren't an expert or actually do like both bands equally. We already have two party voting going on we don't need more of that in the prog world. Tongue

Anyway, I suppose my experience is different than yours. I've been doing it my way for a while with great success and I'm most certainly not going to stop now. In fact others have followed my lead since I started things. And btw, I do often have an "other" option when appropriate. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - April 08 2019 at 19:02
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 18:57
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Love both, but KC takes it for me. 

Same here
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 19:03

Both giants by the way. Can't vote against the Crimson King. Can vote against VDGG, just about.

See, now don't you wish there was a "both equally" option? Wink
gr8dane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr8dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 19:34

For those new to creating polls on here I recommend doing what I do and that is adding additional options such as "both equally" or "neither" or even "don't know both well enough to vote." This elicits more votes and the poll will stay around longer. Just a fyi.

Isn't that something.
I'll get right on that.
Anything else you can tell me, how to do things ?

Shake & bake.
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 19:48
King Crimson
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 20:02
Originally posted by gr8dane gr8dane wrote:

Isn't that something.
I'll get right on that.

Nope. Nothing else at the moment. Wink
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 20:32
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

To me it's no contest...Crimson.................but then I could never stand Hammill's caterwauling.

Caterwauling. Yes, that about sums it up. Crimson by several parsecs.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 21:11

I advise against that. Fence sitting should not be supported. (At least you didn't suggest "other", which is the worst.)

Well, you are entitled to your opinion.  

It's not fence sitting anyway. It's being able to vote even though you aren't an expert or actually do like both bands equally. We already have two party voting going on we don't need more of that in the prog world. Tongue

Anyway, I suppose my experience is different than yours. I've been doing it my way for a while with great success and I'm most certainly not going to stop now. In fact others have followed my lead since I started things. And btw, I do often have an "other" option when appropriate. 

I am more of the opinion of just the options... but yeah, from time to time those "both" or "neither" can help you vote if the decision is too close. The one I usually dislike more is the "other" option... that opens the voting too much.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 21:13
This is a difficult one, I guess King Crimson by a hair, but of course both are great. Actually, I really wish at some point they had joined forces and made one supergroup out of the two. Imagine Peter Hamill, Robert Fripp, John Wetton, David Jackson, Hugh Banton, Bill Bruford, Keith Tippett on one same line-up. Oh yeah, and David Cross and Jamie Muir

Edited by Dellinger - April 08 2019 at 21:14
progmatic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progmatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 21:14
When considering the the magnitude of their entire body of work and 50 years of never selling out, King Crimson is for me the quintessential progressive rock band. So Crimson it is.
PROGMATIC
tboyd1802 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tboyd1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 21:21
The Crimson King by a mile... While I like VdGG quite a bit, King Crimson is my desert island band...
He neither drank, smoked, nor rode a bicycle. Living frugally, saving his money, he died early, surrounded by greedy relatives. It was a great lesson to me -- John Barrymore
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 21:30
Close but VdGG.
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2019 at 22:08
VdGG for me. I love some KC tracks but am not keen on everything.
"There is nothing new except what has been forgotten" - Marie Antoinette
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2019 at 00:06
10 years ago would have been KC by a mile but VDGG have been steadily moving up my list of personal faves every year as I listen to them more and more. So VDGG it is.
gr8dane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr8dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2019 at 05:05

Originally posted by gr8dane gr8dane wrote:

Isn't that something.
I'll get right on that.

Nope. Nothing else at the moment. Wink

Ah,splendid.
Maybe you could help out the guy who did the Hansson Oldfield poll.
Looks like he could use some of your wisdom.
Shake & bake.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2019 at 05:17
clearly VdGG for me, but unfortunately I can't vote because Friede has already voted. VdGG never disappointed, KC had a streak of lukewarm albums (Discipline, Beat, Three of a Perfect Pair) that don't really convince me. too much 80s plastic chic in them

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2019 at 05:23
Crimson by a hair.
Really dig both bands.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2019 at 06:02
Both masters of brilliantly organised chaos, but KC gets the vote.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>