Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The spoken words at the end of TD's Alpha Centauri
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The spoken words at the end of TD's Alpha Centauri

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The spoken words at the end of TD's Alpha Centauri
    Posted: April 23 2019 at 10:58
Perhaps some people have asked themselves what the spoken German words at the end of Tangerine Dream's "Alpha Centauri" mean. I will first give the German original and then the translation.

"Der Geist der Liebe erfüllt den Kosmos, und der das All zusammenhält kennt jeden Laut. Der Geist steht auf und seine Feinde zerstieben, und die ihn hassen fliehen vor seinem Angesicht. Sende aus deinen Geist und Leben ensteht, und also erneuerst du das Antlitz der Erde. Komm, Geist, erfülle die Herzen deiner Menschen und entzünde in ihnen das Feuer deiner ewigen Liebe"!

And now the translation:

"The spirit of love pervades the cosmos, and he who holds the universe together knows every sound. The spirit rises and his enemies scatter, and those who hate it flee from its countenance. Send out your spirit and life arises, and thus you renew the visage of the earth. Come, spirit, fill the hearts of your people and ignite in them the fire of your eternal love"!

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 12:08
Hi,

Thx ... much needed translation ... and notice how it fits the music that they put together for many years!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 13:41
*thumbs up smiley*
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 20:06
Thank you very much. It's nice to understand what they are saying, and it goes well with the music.
2dogs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 22:43
That is great thank you. It reminds me to pay attention to all the sounds the universe is creating around me, expressing the variety and complexity in all its parts.
"There is nothing new except what has been forgotten" - Marie Antoinette
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2019 at 13:47
Wonderful!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 06:55
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Wonderful!

He was saying something similar at the end of many of the concerts. A couple of the videos show it, albeit, I tend to think that most of the videos cut that part out.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply