Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Band Seeking Vocalist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Band Seeking Vocalist
    Posted: June 10 2019 at 12:07
Hi All,

Prog Monkey, a new band covering classic Prog Rock, and more contemporary prog material, is looking for a vocalist to complete our line. We are based in South East England and rehearse near Brentwood, Essex. The current line up is Drums, Keys, guitar/guitar synth and bass. Examples of the more classic material covered is:

•         Yours is not disgrace, Yes
  •         Behind the lines, Genesis
  •         Starship Trooper, Yes
  •         Carry on my Wayward Son, Kansas
  •         Comfortably numb, Floyd
  •         Squonk, Genesis,
  •         Abacab, Genesis
  •         Sole Survivor, Asia
  •         Owner of a Lonely Heart, Yes

More latter day numbers include:

•         Edge of the in between, Spock’s Beard,
  •         Wassail, Big Big Train
  •         Judas Unrepentant, Big Big Train
  •         Electric Leaves, Kaipa

If you know this material you will know that the vocal register is quite high, particularly the Yes songs and we need someone who can deliver the songs in the original keys. We are all mature, experienced and able musicians. Experience is not essential but ability clearly is. If you feel that this suits you and you can sing the songs to a good standard, we would love to hear from you.  

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2019 at 06:58
Well, I can't help you because I'm a bass player in another band and there's no way I could sing that lot, but I'm not far from you (Hornchurch) so if you ever do any local gigs, I'll be there.
Prog Monkey View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2019 at 00:59
Hi Chopper, thanks for your comment, I'll put up a post when we are gigging locally, hopefully not to far in the future once we have the right guy on vocals. What's your band name, do you gig locally? A prog band I assume?
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 05:29
Originally posted by Prog Monkey Prog Monkey wrote:

Hi Chopper, thanks for your comment, I'll put up a post when we are gigging locally, hopefully not to far in the future once we have the right guy on vocals. What's your band name, do you gig locally? A prog band I assume?
We're called The Remedy (on Facebook as @TheRemedyBandEssex) but not a prog band - we do covers, Beatles, Stones, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye etc. We're looking for gigs at the moment but finding it hard to get any.
Prog Monkey View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2019 at 15:14
Thanks Chopper, put up a post when you are gigging. Hopefully you will get something soon. There's always a market for that type of material.

Post Reply Post Reply