Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

King Crimson and Kayo Dot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgBlob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: King Crimson and Kayo Dot
    Posted: July 07 2019 at 14:44
King Crimson and Kayo Dot are the two big names in experimental rock in my opinion. Kayo Dot could be seen as the modern king crimson in my eyes. They both combine and create sounds in an experimental, cohesive rock fasion. Progressing their sound drastically from album to album, song to song, and even within a song, sometimes they are hard to identify. They take experimental rock to the extremes with no boundaries. The only other bands i see doing this are SWANS and maudlin of the Well (with Toby Driver of Kayo Dot.) I think we would all benefit from more bands like these, so feel free to drop bands or albums similar, or just discuss anything related.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2019 at 15:09
Great post. I should be giving more attention to Kayo Dot. I know it's cool, but something else always gets me first. Thanks for the reminder to revisit that stuff.  Woot.

Post Reply Post Reply