Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > News from Official Prog Suppliers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kinesis cd sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinesis cd sale
    Posted: July 17 2019 at 18:56
Not really "news" but the Kinesis website mentioned last year they were starting to wind things down and stopped new purchases. So because of this there is a bit of a sale going on with many cds 9.99 and some cheaper. I have already bought quite a bit of stuff from them. 

Update: The site is down(so I deleted the link) but the seller still sells stuff on discogs. See the link posted below by progaardvark. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 16 2021 at 14:58
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 05:15
Me too. I've been buying five at a time every couple of weeks. Their prices were normally better than many others. And I haven't come across a seller that takes this much care with packaging. I will really miss this seller.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 11:58
Prices don't look like a sale.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2019 at 13:15
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Prices don't look like a sale.

Not all items are on sale but even those that aren't are less expensive than most other sellers it seems. If you look there are several items that are 7.99 or 5.99(and a few are even less I think)with many that are 9.99. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2021 at 08:04
This site is no longer up because the store is now officially closed. 
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2021 at 09:00
I did my last purchase from them at the end of August. It's sad to see the end of his website. However, the seller is still selling his remaining stock on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/seller/KinesisCD/profile 
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2021 at 14:38
I ordered two final cds (Eldberg-same and Tribute- New Views) the night before the website disappeared. Those weren't the last ones I ordered just the last ones from the website. I have since put in one more order through him(cds by Shaa Khan and Carmen) using files he sent me. However, I'll probably just send him a list and have him send me an invoice to make it easier since it's possible I could order something without knowing he sold out of it. 

As was mentioned before, only the website is gone. He still puts Kinesis on the mailing address but I'm not sure if the company is officially dissolved or not. Maybe not. 

I have a list I am working off of and so I will still buy stuff until I get all(or most) from my list. There's several titles on my list that are not really that important and so not very high priority. This is definitely what you call scraping the bottom of the barrel. However, I'm convinced he still has some very good stuff but it's just  pretty obscure for the most part. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - September 16 2021 at 14:59
 Post Reply Post Reply