Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Primus- The Desaturating Seven

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Primus- The Desaturating Seven
    Posted: August 26 2019 at 14:16
Primus goes full prog rock on this one, extremely creative stuff with a definite king crimson influence. I highly suggest checking this out, easy 32 minute listen too. It’s a concept album about children’s book, highlights are: The Seven, The Trek, The Scheme and The Storm.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2019 at 14:38
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

Primus goes full prog rock on this one, extremely creative stuff with a definite king crimson influence. I highly suggest checking this out, easy 32 minute listen too. It’s a concept album about children’s book, highlights are: The Seven, The Trek, The Scheme and The Storm.

Thank you!  I saw Primus live (1996) and they put on a fine show, guitarist Lar does indeed channel Bob Fripp!  
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2019 at 20:47

I'll let wikipedia be the judge as to whether this is prog or not. 

Yep, it says "progressive rock" for it so I guess it is. However, they do tend to have a rather loose(and often stereotypical)definition of prog. 

I like Primus though. In the 90's they were sort of an alternative version of prog(although I suppose you could say the same about Tool and Radiohead). 
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2019 at 21:56
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I'll let wikipedia be the judge as to whether this is prog or not. 

Yep, it says "progressive rock" for it so I guess it is. However, they do tend to have a rather loose(and often stereotypical)definition of prog. 

I like Primus though. In the 90's they were sort of an alternative version of prog(although I suppose you could say the same about Tool and Radiohead). 

I know primus isn’t a prog band, but this is a new sound for them and def a prog album
 Post Reply Post Reply