Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Tool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2019 at 16:49
I’ve been playing this, along with revisiting their other albums for comparison, a couple of times a day since it was released.
I know this is likely to be an unpopular opinion but personally I think it is their best album along with Ænima. In fact FI is currently my favourite, but Ænima has 23 years worth of listens to prove its longevity.

It is a different style of album to their previous efforts, a more relaxing and less cluttered listening experience. There is a beauty to it that Really allows me to bask in all the subtle details.

Whilst I understand the grievances some people have with it, they are opinions which I personally do not share. Over time my love of it may fade, but at the present time, it is getting better with every listen and is putting a massive grin on my face during my commute to and from work each day.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2019 at 04:13
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Problem is I try and only do vinyl, hoping a vinyl version gets released.
What will the vinyl cost? $500? Ermm
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2019 at 04:45
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Had a first listen yesterday. I kind of expected some progression in the 50 years or so since 10,000 days but it's the same Tool sound. I'll have a few more listens to gauge a proper opinion.

I like Tool in small doses but they are one of those bands that I feel like if I've heard one of their albums, I've heard them all. 
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2019 at 12:58
^ So far, I have only got Lateralus (the best rated one from them at the moment I bought it, and among the best rated prog metal albums, at least in MetalMusic Archives), and I did like the album... mostly, I liked just about all the songs. But there were no particular highlights, either, so I hardly feel any urge to go back to that album, or any particular song from it. So, I might actually consider there's not much more to find from them in their other albums?
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2019 at 00:14
Yes it sounds like everything else they've done. I do like it though and will try and pick up a reasonably price CD of it should one ever get released.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12