Poll Question: Which band do you like ths mostly
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
27 [72.97%]
10 [27.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hergest ridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 11:29
Supertramp because of "Crime of the century" and "Even in the quietest moments...".
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 15:06
Both great, but I usually prefer Supertramp.
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 15:41

I won't say, I love any of them but I like Cryme of the Century

Edited by David_D - December 14 2021 at 15:41
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
TheLionOfPrague View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLionOfPrague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 16:22
Both are great and are actually among the ones that I've listened to the most during the past year. But I'm going with Eagles, Don Felder is an incredible guitar player (and one of the nicest people in the business).
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 16:40
Suely a mismatch, particularly since this is a prog related thread and despite "Desperado" and maybe even "Hotel California" the Eagless can not be considered a prog band.

I do like both bands, however I have to cast my vote for the Eagles.

They were the first act I saw live and to this day I still consider it to be the best concert I have ever been to.
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 18:52
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I might have enjoyed them better in their earlier days, but their later days were marked by incredible musicianship and a very good control of their abilities, when in the earlier days they were free'r (is there such a word?) and you could see and hear mistakes on the stage, however the energy and quality of everything else was excellent.

Yes! This was exactly the impression I got when I saw the Eagles live, and comparing it to the later more polished live shows. I saw them when they were promoting "One of These Days" just after Joe Walsh joined and just before the release of "Hotel California". Although the excellent musicianship was evident, it was their ragged glory that affected me the most.
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 19:15
I've got some hang ups about Supertramp. I sometimes really don't like the vocals. This is more often on Rick Davies songs. I don't like his voice all that much but Roger Hodgson's backing vocals on those songs can be excruciating. Check out "Lover Boy" for example... Yuck...

However, they have plenty of good traits, some nice albums and some stone cold classic songs that I love.

Eagles, well I do like a few songs, but overall they're not my kind of bland (yes the "l" was on purpose lol)
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2021 at 20:46
Like the Dude Lebowski said...
"Happiness is real only when shared"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12