Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Art Zoyd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2019 at 01:55
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Paging Dr. Nogbad......LOL

Weeelllllll LOL

I actually go through the first six as essential through Le Mariage Du Ciel Et De L'Enfer, of those Generation Sans Futur is probably my favorite.

I agree on Haxan & Phase IV

Ok, the ones I listened to were Symphonie Pour Le Jour Oů Brűleront Les Cités and Musique Pour L'Odyssee. I'll listen to this Generation Sans Futur next then. Thank you.

For me, those are the most essential  (especially if you go by the titles, once you know of AZ's background), but yes all first four albums are absolutely worthy, a,nnd up until roughly the mid-80's , it's all good

Edited by Sean Trane - October 09 2019 at 01:55
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 21:28
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

^ consider yourself saucepanned man... you've been converted... welcome to the club Beer 

now get yourself a new avatart...

Haha thanks man. I've been listening to Génération Sans Futur. It has some slow parts also but like a little past the halfway point there kind of starts to be like a lot going on(musically). I like it! Don't know about the new avi just yet though lol. But if I get really, really into this band(which defiinitely could happen) then I just might.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 21:10
^ consider yourself saucepanned man... you've been converted... welcome to the club Beer 

now get yourself a new avatart...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 19:59
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Weeelllllll LOL

I actually go through the first six as essential through Le Mariage Du Ciel Et De L'Enfer, of those Generation Sans Futur is probably my favorite.

Ok, the ones I listened to were Symphonie Pour Le Jour Oů Brűleront Les Cités and Musique Pour L'Odyssee. I'll listen to this Generation Sans Futur next then. Thank you.

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 19:50

Weeelllllll LOL

Edited by Nogbad_The_Bad - October 08 2019 at 19:51
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 19:39
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

The first five (including the remade debut album) are all nearly essentially listening. After this, they went much more electronic, but did it gradually, so what I refer to as their middle period (from Les Escapes Inquiets through about Metropolis) where they mix the electronic and acoustic classic influence very successfully (and I find this is where they are the most consistently rock-y in their discog). After this, they go almost fully electronic and much more minimal, which they do well (IMO) but certainly is a pretty different field from their early stuff (and well out of the way of rock music, if that's something that is important to you). 

My list of must listen toos:

Faust 
Berlin
Haxan
Phase IV

So it sounds like any of their first five are good then. Thank you, that's helpful. This could be my newest big discovery here. We'll see.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 19:28
The first five (including the remade debut album) are all nearly essentially listening. After this, they went much more electronic, but did it gradually, so what I refer to as their middle period (from Les Escapes Inquiets through about Metropolis) where they mix the electronic and acoustic classic influence very successfully (and I find this is where they are the most consistently rock-y in their discog). After this, they go almost fully electronic and much more minimal, which they do well (IMO) but certainly is a pretty different field from their early stuff (and well out of the way of rock music, if that's something that is important to you). 

My list of must listen toos:

Faust 
Berlin
Haxan
Phase IV
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 19:10

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - October 08 2019 at 19:10
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2019 at 18:43
So last night I listened to the first two Art Zoyd albums(on Logan's recommendation) and I actually liked them. Reminded me of Zappa a bit. Like a cross between Zappa and Magma, with a little bit of Can maybe. Definitely some classical too in there. Both albums had their slow points, where just not much seemed to be going on(musically). But Zappa can get like that in spots too. But both albums when they were good, were actually really good(to my ears).

So I'm just curious what some of you think of this band.. and maybe what are some other good albums from them for me to check out next. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12