Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

From Genesis To Revelation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 05:50
  ^ But then my list would be incomplete. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 05:47
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

"The Lamb Comes Alive"? I don't think that was an official Genesis album.

LOL
neither is In Concert (1977) 
I never claimed they were official Genesis albums, but they're both high quality recordings. In other words, they weren't recorded on someone's camera phone from the back of the audience. Tongue

then don't put them amongst the official releases. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 05:43

LOL
I never claimed they were official Genesis albums, but they're both high quality recordings. In other words, they weren't recorded on someone's camera phone from the back of the audience. Tongue
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 05:06

LOL
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 04:11
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 03:54
Genesis' Complete Discography and Videography

4 stars 1987: The Invisible Touch Tour - Live at Wembley Stadium - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LtfP3gvjZFp8aRa4u4N4naZ
 3 stars 1992: The Way We Walk, Volume 1: The Shorts - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LtiJfPLwHyqHvA89AJ-6XAJ
 3 stars 1993: The Way We Walk, Volume 2: The Longs - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LvqCgkdpSIQIR_Td5siylSk
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 03:00
This is the only Genesis album that never clicked with me TBH. I was spoiled by all that came after and my dopamine receptors won't accept that level of simplicity LOL.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 02:55
Originally posted by Mirakaze Mirakaze wrote:

I've heard it a bunch of times but it's never really stuck with me; it just feels so forgettable and unassertive. It's somewhat similar to the band's final album in that it kind of feels like they tried to jump on a musical style that was popular at the time (in this case probably in part because of encouragement from their label) but which they couldn't quite tackle convincingly. The main difference with Calling All Stations however is that the musical style in question on this album isn't one that makes me retch. I kind of like the opening track and "In Hiding".
At least From Genesis to Revelation still sounds like a Genesis album, unlike Calling All Stations. Smile
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic, JRF/Canterbury, Avant/Zeuhl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2021 at 02:51
I've heard it a bunch of times but it's never really stuck with me; it just feels so forgettable and unassertive. It's somewhat similar to the band's final album in that it kind of feels like they tried to jump on a musical style that was popular at the time (in this case probably in part because of encouragement from their label) but which they couldn't quite tackle convincingly. The main difference with Calling All Stations however is that the musical style in question on this album isn't one that makes me retch. I kind of like the opening track and "In Hiding".
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2021 at 13:35
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

^ At one time, From Genesis to Revelation was my favourite Genesis album, but that was before I joined ProgArchives. Smile

Haha controversial as ever. My personal favourite Gabriel era album is Trespass

I don't want to Trespass on your choice, but my favourite is Selling England by the Pound, now that I've seen the light and realised From Genesis to Revelation isn't their best album after all. I'll have the YouTube links to all 27 Genesis album playlists coming up soon. Smile
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2021 at 13:04

^ At one time, From Genesis to Revelation was my favourite Genesis album, but that was before I joined ProgArchives. Smile

Haha controversial as ever. My personal favourite Gabriel era album is Trespass
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2020 at 09:51
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2020 at 09:25
I like the early proto prog Brit music ..I listen to Genesis To Revelation from time to time...apparently Genesis came from two earlier bands 'Anon'(Rutherford and Philips) and 'Garden Wall'(Gabriel, Banks)....both did mostly r&b and cover tunes ...found this on you tube...couldn't find any Garden Wall.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2020 at 04:07

I still don't know if this is a Genesis (in general) thread or about their debut? Confused
What's the real question here? What am i asked to do here?

Just read and enjoy.
To be honest, I fell asleep watching the Phil Collins documentary last night, so at Face Value, I can Testify that you've got to be a real fan of Phil Collins to see it through to the end. But Seriously, looking at it from Both Sides, I don't think I'll be Going Back to view the documentary again. Hello, I Must Be Going now. Embarrassed

It's against all odds that I would make it to the end as well, so I'll give it a miss.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2020 at 03:44

I still don't know if this is a Genesis (in general) thread or about their debut? Confused

Just read and enjoy.
To be honest, I fell asleep watching the Phil Collins documentary last night, so at Face Value, I can Testify that you've got to be a real fan of Phil Collins to see it through to the end. But Seriously, looking at it from Both Sides, I don't think I'll be Going Back to view the documentary again. Hello, I Must Be Going now. Embarrassed

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - December 21 2020 at 03:45
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2020 at 02:51

Just read and enjoy.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 15:35

It's just a thread about Genesis in general, despite the misleading title, and you don't need to do anything. You could watch the Phil Collins documentary above, but only if you're a real  fan of Phil Collins, as it's a rather long documentary. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 14:52
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2020 at 14:40
Phil Collins - A Life Less Ordinary (documentary)

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - December 20 2020 at 14:43
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2019 at 14:17
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Hey, that was cool. Now do one for Yes. Smile

A YESSONGS short story will be next, now that my Renaissance song titles story is finished and posted. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>