0 [0.00%]
1 [16.67%]
3 [50.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo_II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mix of 2007 albums to chose From.
    Posted: October 15 2019 at 11:05
Would also like to hear about your opinion on other albums than your vote - as long as you know them. 
Personally for me it is very close between White Stripes, Amy and Puscifer - but will wait a little before i set my own vote.  

Might also mention other 2007 albums - as long as they are STRICTLY non prog.

Edited by tamijo_II - October 15 2019 at 11:12
Same person as this profile:
Tamijo
Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 11:44
Went with Amy Winehouse.

Not a great year for music outside prog, but a couple of albums I do enjoy from that year are "King Of The Grey Islands" by Candlemass and "Young Modern", by Silverchair
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 12:03
I actually haven't heard any of those in full, but I will mention Erik Enocksson - Farväl Falkenberg.

By the way, I hope that is non-Prog enough for you (definitely not in PA) for your rules (I mean it is kind of proggy). Most of what I listen to has some relation, and one might say that its avant-folk and post-rock qualities place it too close to music contained in the archives.

Edited by Logan - October 15 2019 at 12:16
Just a fanboy passin' through.
tamijo_II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo_II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 14:43
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I actually haven't heard any of those in full, but I will mention Erik Enocksson - Farväl Falkenberg.

By the way, I hope that is non-Prog enough for you

That will off course be up to you, the idea just not to fill a lot of prog into a "non-prog" poll.
By the way sounds very nice, form a first listen - wont get into if it prog or not, dosent really matter as long as it is good.  

Edited by tamijo_II - October 15 2019 at 14:48
Tamijo
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 16:49
Originally posted by tamijo_II tamijo_II wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

By the way, I hope that is non-Prog enough for you

That will off course be up to you, the idea just not to fill a lot of prog into a "non-prog" poll.
By the way sounds very nice, form a first listen - wont get into if it prog or not, dosent really matter as long as it is good.  

Good is in the ear of the behearer, but yeah, if the mentioner finds it good. It's not Prog, but rather prog related to my ears. I feel kind of bad when I don't comment on the given list, and will check out the music and in some cases refresh my memory when I get the chance.

Well, I definitely have a thing for music on the folky side, as well as the psychedelic side. Which reminds, me, forgot to mention this: TwinSisterMoon - When Stars Glide Through Solid

EDIT: Okay, now comfortable voting: Kings of Leon - Because of the Times

Edited by Logan - October 15 2019 at 17:18
Just a fanboy passin' through.
tamijo_II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo_II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2019 at 09:17
Went for Puscifer
Tamijo
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2019 at 09:39
I only heard the Arctic Monkeys album many, many times back in the day. Never cared enough for the rest to give them a listen.

From 2007, Kaiser Chief's "Yours Truly Angry Mob" was very nice and Ash's "Twilight of the Innocents" was probably the album I listened to the most that year.
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2019 at 18:52
Gotta' say none of the above.

2007 albums (non prog) that I like (1 per genre, there are many more great ones in most genres, especially jazz and symphonic metal):

Terence Blanchard - A Tale of God's Will (Jazz)
After Forever - After Forever (Symphonic Metal)
Tab Benoit - The Power of the Pontchartrain (Blues)
Peter Kater - Faces of the Sun (New Age)
Ray Davies - Workingman's Cafe (Contemporary pop/rock/singer/songwriter)
Airtime - Liberty Manifesto (Hard Rock)
The Cult - Born Into This (Alt Metal)
Dropkick Murphys - The Meanest of Times (Celtic Punk)

Post Reply Post Reply