Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Yes Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Which is your favourite Yes album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [2.82%]
2 [2.82%]
13 [18.31%]
6 [8.45%]
15 [21.13%]
10 [14.08%]
16 [22.54%]
4 [5.63%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.41%]
1 [1.41%]
1 [1.41%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 09:21
I should have included the Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe album in my poll, because that was a Yes album in all but name. Smile
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 09:29
This one has certainly been done many times and the winner should be clear, however I'd have expected a stronger showing of Relayer, which is my favourite, and I thought I'm not alone with that. Following are GFTO and CTTE.
tamijo_II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tamijo_II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 10:19
Fragile
Same person as this profile:
Tamijo
thief View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 10:26
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

This one has certainly been done many times and the winner should be clear, however I'd have expected a stronger showing of Relayer, which is my favourite, and I thought I'm not alone with that. Following are GFTO and CTTE.

Relayer is definitely up-up-up there, its audacity contests even the CTTE's perfection on a good day. I'm also surprised it's not No. 2 at the moment.

Edited by thief - October 17 2019 at 10:26
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 10:34
Come on. We all know which album is going to win. Wink

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 10:37
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

From The Yes Album to Relayer, Yes was perfection.

Tales From Topographic Oceans gets my vote.

I kind of sort of agree but not entirely. If you took out tales I would agree. I like it and think it's great but to me if you kept tales in the list of their best album run you would have to extend it to Going for the One which I  think is as good if not better than tales. Of course we all have our own opinions though. 
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 11:27
It's almost a toss for me between The Yes Album & Close to the Edge. Went with  TYA. 

Top 5
 1. The Yes Album
 2. Close to the Edge
 3. Going for the One
 4. Fragile
 5. Drama

Edited by Argo2112 - October 17 2019 at 11:29
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 11:37
Fragile, CTTE, TFTO, Relayer.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 12:33
Close to the Edge
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 12:36
I'm not big on Yes, but Time and a Word. I appreciate pre-Close to the Edge Yes the most.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
tboyd1802 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tboyd1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 14:59
Fragile...
He neither drank, smoked, nor rode a bicycle. Living frugally, saving his money, he died early, surrounded by greedy relatives. It was a great lesson to me -- John Barrymore
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 15:05
Love Yes.  The Yes album.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 15:13
One YES album currently has a "Fragile" lead and it's now "Close to the Edge" as to whether "The Yes Album" will eventually win the poll. Smile 
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 16:31
I gave some love to 90125, the album that started it all for me. But there's several I could have picked, this band just has so much good stuff.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 16:38
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

I gave some love to 90125, the album that started it all for me. But there's several I could have picked, this band just has so much good stuff.

I feel the same way too. It's not easy to pick out a favourite album when YES have so many consistently good albums.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 17:19
I'm curious who on here voted for 90125 and BG. No, you don't have to return your prog card or anything just wondering. I can't imagine anyone who was a fan in the 70's preferring those(not that they are bad or anything) but I suppose it's possible. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - October 17 2019 at 17:21
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 17:22
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I'm curious who on here voted for 90125 and BG. No, you don't have to return your prog card or anything just wondering.

I like the "90215" album but I'm surprised anyone voted for the "Big Generator" album. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - October 17 2019 at 17:23
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 17:26
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I'm curious who on here voted for 90125 and BG. No, you don't have to return your prog card or anything just wondering.

I like the "90215" album but I'm surprised anyone voted for the "Big Generator" album. Smile

I'm surprised "relayer" is your least favorite. Wink  

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 17:48

I'm a big fan of YES and I've bought most of their earlier albums on CD, but I've never really liked the "Relayer" album, although I haven't listened to it for many years. Maybe it's time I gave it another listen on YouTube to see if I need to reassess the album before I cast my vote. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2019 at 18:47
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I'm a big fan of YES and I've bought most of their earlier albums on CD, but I've never really liked the "Relayer" album, although I haven't listened to it for many years. Maybe it's time I gave it another listen on YouTube to see if I need to reassess the album before I cast my vote. Smile

As much as I like it I don't think playing it again for the 100th time when you didn't enjoy it the first 99 times will change your mind. I have a cousin who is a big Yes fan also and hates relayer. Go figure. If you think of it as a wild crazy prog album with some jazzy and fusion influences and not a typical Yes album maybe that might make a difference not sure. I had to think of Gentle Giant's octopus and King Crimson's larks tongues in aspic as crazy albums before I could start to enjoy them. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>