Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

25 Unpopular Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Please choose as many you enjoy as you want.
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.49%]
1 [1.49%]
10 [14.93%]
10 [14.93%]
1 [1.49%]
2 [2.99%]
3 [4.48%]
5 [7.46%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [8.96%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [2.99%]
7 [10.45%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.49%]
1 [1.49%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [4.48%]
5 [7.46%]
5 [7.46%]
1 [1.49%]
3 [4.48%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2019 at 08:10
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

I do love Camel but man the single factor is a stinker! It was simply released to fulfill contract obligations after the band had disbanded. Not familiar enough with any to vote tbh.

I saw them on the tour for Single Factor for the first time and they were great, including proudly playing a good number of songs from that album. They used guest musicians but surely had not completely disbanded. Camel's website states: "The promotional tour for 'THE SINGLE FACTOR' turned out to be just the breath of fresh air Latimer needed. The mix of personalities was magical with a ceaseless, positive energy from Chris Rainbow who, with Paton and Tosh (Scotsmen, all three) maintained a flow of laughter from start to finish of the tour. Kit Watkins had returned for his third CAMEL tour and the level of musicianship delighted audiences. Latimer would call it "the funniest tour I've ever been on"."
Contract obligations or not, there are some pretty good songs on that album, at least if you can enjoy a good pop song. That said, I can understand why some don't like the album. There's surely more substance to be found elsewhere.

agreed, far from a stinker, and far from a classic

But it had sentimental value for me.  I used to drive my school mates crazy by singing/humming the build up to the "You are the One" chorus.  When they finally heard the actual song they thought it was pretty good.
The Camel on the Road 1982 live album is a decent document of the tour
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2019 at 01:18
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I haven't heard much Kate Bush at all but I have heard the red shoes and always thought it was good. I could never understand why so many seem to dislike it. If that's the case her other albums must all be masterpieces or something.

Well most of her albums are masterpieces but I may be slightly biased. I've never understood the dislike for the Red Shoes either, I think it's a good album. I rate it below Hounds of Love but well above Lionheart.

Yes that is the problem . She took up the offers that were flooding in from other artists to work with her and naturally it diluted her normally very cohesive approach I think. Lionheart was indeed her other potentially weak album as it was essentially a 'cash in' album to benefit from her early (unexpected perhaps) success . That said I still prefer it marginally over The Red Shoes. If we are to have a Trilogy of not great Kate Bush albums then 50 Words For Snow must be added. Just a little bit dull imo. The other studio albums are great and HOL is my favourite by her.

Edited by richardh - October 31 2019 at 01:19
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2020 at 11:15
The Red Shoes 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2020 at 11:30
Comus and Magma. Red Shoes and Out Of Reach are not bad too.

Edited by Mortte - April 15 2020 at 11:31
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123