Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help remembering band similar to Scale the Summit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help remembering band similar to Scale the Summit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFinite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help remembering band similar to Scale the Summit
    Posted: November 04 2019 at 20:40
Hi folk, my first post here, and I'm looking for some help... I listened to a certain album about 4 years ago with a particular theme that is really interesting, and now I can't remember the band name, album name, or where I found it! But if you help me find it, I promise it will be worth it because it's an amazing album! 

This album is almost entirely instrumental prog rock/metal, in a similar vein to Scale the Summit, but with a futuristic twist instead of a naturalistic one. I say almost entirely instrumental, because every song had a narrated intro by a female robotic voice. The narrative sets the scene for each song, and the songs/narratives are connected to tell this story: 

In the far future, the earth moves closer and closer to the sun, up to a point where humans can't survive the heat anymore. Being extremely technologically advanced at the time, we upload all of our consciousnesses into massive servers stored and protected deep inside the earth. A particular genius of the time coded a master program to guard our electronic minds from potential virus invasions, but someone triggers a virus from within the system (something like someone memorized a particular hacking code before their memory was uploaded to the collective consciousness), and now this virus is trying to take over all of the connected minds. Somehow, there was a safeguard against such attacks, created by the person who pioneered this invention, which created a counter-virus to fight intruders in such a situation. The viruses fight as the instrumental music progresses and peaks very intensely, and somehow, through some impressive revelation about the history of this technological structure and the inventors who built it, the positive virus is able to win against the negative virus, allowing humanity to survive artificially for the rest of time... 

The whole album is very technical, progressive and truly beautiful, with a really intriguing story line. 

Any tips on how I can possibly find this album or band, would be incredibly appreciated!!! I tried everything I can to find it so far, and yall are my last hope at saving this musical memory from being extinguished. 

Peace, and thanks in advance!! <3

-TheFinite
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2019 at 21:20
Animals as Leaders or maybe Endless Sporadic. I honestly have no idea. There's a few bands out there in that style. The robot voice probably means it's someone else though(not sure). I think Buckethead had an album called robots or something though. I'm sure others know much more than I do and can be of more help. However, you don't have to rely on this site alone. Did you try googling "bands who sound like Scale the Summit" or "instrumental metal bands" etc. See what that pulls up. Search on youtube also. Good luck.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 04 2019 at 21:26
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2019 at 00:09
I've listened to quite a lot of albums by Animals as Leaders and I doubt that's its them . Great band though.

It sounds an interesting concept and like something that Erik Norlander or maybe Ayreon would do but I'm guessing.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2019 at 01:04
When I hear "like Scale the Summit" I immediately think Chimp Spanner. But the theme in question id not present on the 2 albums I have.

Post Reply Post Reply