Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Unsigned Bands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unknown Band circa 1969 UK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thoseoldrecords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unknown Band circa 1969 UK
    Posted: November 05 2019 at 07:50
Hello, I'm new on here so bear with me. I own a record shop and label. Those Old Records - shop and TOR Records, the label. Recently I bought a 12" 5 track acetate recorded at Shield Studious, Kettering UK. This is serious Prog with elements of ELP, Pete Brown, Dark and even Bowie like vocals in places. I'm in the process of getting the thing cleaned up and removing some of the background noise with a view to releasing it later in 2020. 29 minutes of unheard music. More as it happens. 
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2019 at 09:28
Interesting, strange things have come out of Kettering (my brother-in-law for one).
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2019 at 09:50
The one thing I remember about Kettering are the wonderful times I had there as a youngster when my parents took me and my brother to  Wicksteed Park. Smile
hugo1995 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugo1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2020 at 17:03
Is the album unlisted with no title or band? That's weird. Not even on the LP sticker?

Is there an organ? If so I can't wait to hear it. I f**king love organ rock, and 1969 was the sweet spot.

I wonder if it's "Skinny Cat"

Edited by hugo1995 - January 09 2020 at 17:05
interests: Moon Safari, Gilgamesh, Egg, ELP, Soft Machine, Gong, Opeth (Everything pre watershed), Brighteye Brison, The Flower Kings
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2020 at 17:10
Elements of ELP from 1969? 
hugo1995 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugo1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2020 at 16:08
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Elements of ELP from 1969? 

Depends what era of ELP. ELP debut album was still pretty much The Nice with a better vocalist and drummer. Their massive change in to what we know as ELP was Tarkus to be honest.

Their are a few bands that had a similar sound to ELP 1970. But every prog band always has their own unique parts, which for me is apparent during that 'country' section on Take a Pebble. Hadn't heard a band that had done that, even though we were all familiar with that style of music.

interests: Moon Safari, Gilgamesh, Egg, ELP, Soft Machine, Gong, Opeth (Everything pre watershed), Brighteye Brison, The Flower Kings
Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2020 at 13:31
Intrigued by this thread . Any developments year concerning realising this album ? 
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2020 at 14:06

Yeah it's been almost a year since the post, anything ?

▽ Is this the Bernie Marsden band ?
Originally posted by hugo1995 hugo1995 wrote:

I wonder if it's "Skinny Cat"

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2020 at 11:02
Originally posted by Droxford Droxford wrote:

Intrigued by this thread . Any developments year concerning realising this album ? 

Seeing as he's never made another post since, I'm guessing not.
Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2020 at 12:24
Indeed, should have spotted that the original poster seems to have gone very silent. Shame - I love a good mystery . 

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by Droxford Droxford wrote:

Seeing as he's never made another post since, I'm guessing not.
 Post Reply Post Reply