FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Live at Rockpalast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live at Rockpalast
    Posted: December 14 2020 at 04:01
^ I'm currently in the process of adding all of Man's many albums to my Prog Britannia YT channel, including Live at Rockpalast (1975) and Live at London Roundhouse (1976). Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - December 14 2020 at 04:03
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2020 at 02:37
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Man - Live at Rockpalast - 1975

Fantastic! (or should i say Mantastic!.. oh good grief..) Ive rabbited on about this performance here on many occasion so really pleased you put it up. I know theyre not everyones taste but Micky & Deke just had this telepathic way of jamming together (ive seen Man plenty of times live!) and the noises and effects they get out of those SG's is phenomenal! no wonder Frank Zappa said they were 2 of the best guitarists on this side of the water!ClapBig smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2020 at 16:01
Man - Live at Rockpalast - 1975

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2020 at 09:49
^ That's the first time I've heard of Rock Archiv, and you're right - it's close enough. Smile
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ronstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2020 at 09:40
Not Rockpalast, but it's close!!

Steve Hackett 1979

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2020 at 09:05
Steve Hillage - Live at Rockpalast (1977)

Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2020 at 15:17
I still cant get links to these shows (im such a bl**dy luddite..) but theyre both on youtube

Man Live at Rockpalast 1975; The 4 piece version that had just released 'Slow Motion'; the most unbelievable double guitar work on 7171-551 (no wonder Frank Zappa thought Micky Jones and Deke Leonard were 2 of the best guitarists on this side of the water!)

Grateful Dead live at Rockpalast 1980 ; around the time of the 'Go to Heaven' lp.. fantastic versions of 'Shakedown Street' , 'Sugaree' & 'Althea'

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 23:48
^Cleaned out my nostrils this morning like a really good atjouu
Still haven’t got a single of their albums in my collection. Strange.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 22:08
Just found this, a phenomenal show. Wow.

My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2020 at 23:19
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2020 at 16:50
The Nina Hagen Band at Rockpalast 1978:

Really a great concert.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2020 at 11:47
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2020 at 14:35
DEEP PURPLE - Live in Paris -  Rockpalast  (1985)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2019 at 14:26
Thanks everyone for posting the Lucifer's Friend, Saint Jude & Magnum concerts. I Enjoyed all of them. Thumbs Up 

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - December 29 2019 at 14:27
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2019 at 09:47
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2019 at 09:25
vivoactive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vivoactive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2019 at 13:38
________
...that the storm really doesn't matter until the storm begins to get you down
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2019 at 13:33

Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Wucan
Thanks for posting the Wucan video. Thumbs Up I really enjoyed it. That's the first time I'd heard of them.

One of the best current German bands they become proggier with each Album.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2019 at 13:01
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Wucan
Thanks for posting the Wucan video. Thumbs Up I really enjoyed it. That's the first time I'd heard of them.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2019 at 12:07

^^ Thanks! There's a few new bands for me to check out there. The only band I'd previously heard of out of those four bands are the Funk-Rock band, Mother's Finest, who were said to be too hard and heavy to play on black music radio stations, so I guess that has to be a good thing. Smile

By the way, I'm really liking Grobschnitt, even though I'd never heard of them up until a couple of days ago. ProgArchives is a great place for broadening one's musical horizons. Smile

Europeans feature a very well known Prog guy, otherwise it's more New Wave.

Wucan is great Retro Rock and a bit like Blues Pills with flute.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>