Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Live at Rockpalast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live at Rockpalast
    Posted: November 06 2019 at 15:53

Rockpalast (Rock Palace) is a German music TV show that started life in 1974 and still continues today. The show has broadcast hundreds of Live performances over the years, featuring bands from Britain, Europe & America. This thread is for sharing your favourite YouTube videos, featuring Live performances from the show across ALL genres of music. LET'S ROCK! Smile

What better way to start than with a long-awaited 2005 reunion performance from a British Prog-Rock band based in Germany: NEKTAR!

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2019 at 00:47
VANILLA FUDGE - Reunion Concert - Live at Rockpalast - 2004  

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2019 at 06:35
PROCOL HARUM - Full Concert - Live at Rockpalast 1976

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2019 at 16:33
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2019 at 16:49
^^ Holy Moly! Thanks for sharing that great Rockpalast concert by Spirit. Thumbs Up I love anything psychedelic, as you probably guessed from my username. Smile
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 16:22
Wishbone Ash at their height in 1976

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 16:49
^^ That's a great concert from Wishbone Ash. Thanks for sharing it. I'm looking forward to watching it again. Thumbs Up

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 08 2019 at 16:51
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 19:21
For a change of pace, some weird post-punk, Wire, 1979
I’ve had this on CD and DVD for a long time. They were pretty different at the time. They’re playing many of their most storied early, experimental pieces here, some before their album release. They make you uncomfortable in a good way.

Edited by HolyMoly - November 08 2019 at 20:13

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 19:25
I’m eager to check out the Procol & Wishbone. I think I’ve seen some of Procol already, and was recently thinking of getting more familiar with Wishbone Ash. A good live broadcast is a great way to do that.

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2019 at 00:53
^^ I've never heard of Wire before, so I'll have a listen to the concert above to see whether I like them or not.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2019 at 12:05
PORCUPINE TREE Live at Rockpalast 2018

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2019 at 13:21
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I’m eager to check out the Procol & Wishbone. I think I’ve seen some of Procol already, and was recently thinking of getting more familiar with Wishbone Ash. A good live broadcast is a great way to do that.

Ed Cassidy of Spirit has the most unusual drum set-up I've ever seen, with two huge bass drums mounted either side of him. It makes for a very powerful drum sound! Thumbs Up
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2019 at 11:50
THE ERIC BURDON BAND - Recorded live for the German television show "Rockpalast" at the first Open Air Festival at Loreley in 1982.

dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2019 at 16:14

Edited by dwill123 - December 10 2019 at 16:16
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2019 at 17:33

Friede and I actually were at that VdGG Rockpalast gig. Leverkusen is very near to Cologne

Edited by BaldJean - December 10 2019 at 17:36

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2019 at 12:12
^^ Thanks for uploading those videos by Jack Bruce, Guru Guru & Van Der Graaf Generator. I like all of those artists, although I'm still in the early stages of VDGG appreciation as I've just bought my first two albums by the band but I haven't got around to listening to them yet. Maybe I'll save them till Christmas. Meanwhile, I'm going to watch Guru Guru play live for the first time. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2019 at 14:19
"Kraan is a German band based in Ulm and formed in 1970. It had several minor hits through the 1970s and 1980s. After a break of ten years, the group reunited in 2000. Their early style can be described as Krautrock that turned later to fusion, combining elements of both rock and jazz." - Wikipedia
KRAAN  - Live at Rockpalast 2005

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 08:54
Hi,

The Edgar Broughton Band .. was there and a DVD is out of their concert ... very good one, too!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 09:11
^^ I like the Edgar Broughton Band too and this is their comeback concert at Rockpalast in 2006.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2019 at 10:57
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>