Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Court of the Crimson King vs. Close To The Edge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Court of the Crimson King vs. Close To The Edge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Which do you prefer
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
38 [35.51%]
69 [64.49%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Court of the Crimson King vs. Close To The Edge
    Posted: November 17 2019 at 17:09
The poll to end all polls? Court of the Crimson King for me.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2019 at 17:24
CTTE is #1. 
Nary a dull moment.  

While it's a fantastic album, I lose interest in parts of the Court.  
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2019 at 17:35
Originally posted by Fischman Fischman wrote:

CTTE is #1. 
Nary a dull moment.  

While it's a fantastic album, I lose interest in parts of the Court.  

this exactly---
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2019 at 19:18
Automatic vote for KC.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2019 at 19:41
CTTE by far.
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2019 at 19:53
Close to the Edge!Star
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2019 at 20:54
 Close to the Edge Smile
Braka1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 00:43
Despite the fact I would usually say, without a gun to my head, that Close to the Edge is the Crowning achievement of progressive rock, I find that I just can't for vote one of these over the other.  They had very different impacts on me. Court of blew my mind the very first time I heard it. Close to the Edge took more than a decade until one afternoon I just saw God listening to the title track. Why God was in my room listening to Yes, I never found out.

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 01:07
Court 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Foxprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 01:37
CTTE even tho I love both
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 03:31
Difficult. There'a only three tracks on CTTE, and I only like one of them (the title track), but I do REALLY like it more than anything on ITCOTCK, but there are more individual tracks on the KC album that I like.

With some reluctance I'll vote for KC, as they'll need the votes here.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 04:23
I regard Close to the Edge as a perfect masterpiece. In the Court of the Crimson King has one track that I consider to be absolutely essential: 21st Century Schizoid Man. My vote goes to Close to the Edge even though 21st Century Schizoid Man is more important to me.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 04:46
Close to the Edge isn't my favourite Yes album (I prefer The Yes Album and Relayer), but I lost interest in ITCOTCK long ago (like about 3 months after I bought it). I play the title track and Epitaph occasionally, but Schizoid Man, whilst it is musically brilliant, does not appeal to me at all. And the less said about Moonchild, the better. 
Side one of CTTE is amazing, but the second side doesn't come close. But, overall, CTTE wins this contest by a long way for me.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 04:47
Close To The Edge
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 06:16
CTTE will always be my #1
Songs cast a light on you
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 07:01
Dig both, went with CTTE.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 07:35
It's very, very close for me, mostly depending on the mood I'm in at the moment. In the Court gets my vote, but I could easyly go for Close to the edge.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 07:43
CTTE for me. Court is up there though. These two are arguably the two most important prog rock albums ever.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 08:24
CTTE & it's not even CLOSE.  (pun intended)
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 09:02
both great, ITCOCK takes it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>