16 [24.24%]
44 [66.67%]
3 [4.55%]
3 [4.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 08:51
I like both equally. DT for its technicality, and PT for its... I don't know, it just touches my soul
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2019 at 12:08
I like DT

but 

PTREE by quite a bit
Prog On!
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2020 at 08:49
Tree  
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 08:28
bump Evil Smile
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 09:16
I like some DT albums far more than some PT albums, and I definitely don’t enjoy either band’s discography anywhere near equally. Both have some albums I love, and some that do very little for me. But PT’s discography is far more varied, rather than rooted in the same sounds, so for that I am giving them the nudge.

Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 12:09
PT > DT
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 14:20
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

This seems to have sparked off a debate about Dream Theater. Other than ELP and Marillion , the band that prog fans most love to beat up on....

Sorry snipping...

I recall more DT fans being beaten up by certain kinds of Prog fans, at least in the earlier days of this forum, than the band itself. Micky in a bar fight with a bunch of DT fans would be a thing to behold. As an electrician, maybe he could rig up something like this for me in a DT fight since I ain't much of a brawler (not that I would want to beat up DT fans, perish the thought, but for self-defence if those DT fans started attacking me for any past perceived slights):

Dynamo vs. DT (just re-watched The Running Man film the other night)

I haven't really got into either band in a big way, but do want to give PT more of a try. If I had to choose, the prickly Porcupine Tree skewers Dream Theater.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Sacro_Porgo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sacro_Porgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2021 at 14:58
Dream Theatre, easily. Both of them are great, and I'll admit I have much more experience with DT than PT, but I know what I dig, and DT is more in line with that than PT.  
Porg for short. My love of music doesn't end with prog! Feel free to discuss all sorts of music with me. Odds are I'll give it a chance if I haven't already! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123