Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere is this going?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is this going?
    Posted: September 27 2005 at 13:09

Well, I see the new genres on the site - proto prog and prog related. I can't seem to understand them. Once we have proto prog then few months later we'll think "what came before that" making a section called "Prog roots" with the beatles in it. then few months later we'll have another section which will include Elvis (He started rock'n'roll so "we have to"). then we'll say "If we have prog metal, why not having power metal" and "If we have fusion why not having Jazz?".

then without even noticing it, PA, a site I love so much, becomes another AMG...

I see a dark end to this world.

No workie? Restartie!
con safo View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 13:39
Well OBVIOUSLY elvis had no real relation to prog other than the "rock" aspect. But i fully agree with the new sections. How many times have we had long pointless arguements on whether or not Deep Purple or The Beatles should be included? Because while not being prog they definitely had large influence on the genre. So why NOT create a prog-related setion to end all this bickering? And trust me, i really dont think there will be a "Jazz" section anytime soon. These new sections act as a common ground for people who think these bands are prog and those who don't. I honestly dont see the downside to that.
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 14:00

Max's Vision

Max is totally committed to Prog Rock and the integrity of the site.

He is desperate to promote our favourite music and sees the "Prog-Related" and "Proto-Prog" bands as a way of spreading the word.

His idea is that people who would not normally be exposed to Prog Rock might be drawn to our site by these bands and then start to listen to the bands that are already here.Therefore ensuring that Prog Rock has a future..

Sounds like a plan......

goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 18:24
 As a comprehensive prog music site, it needs to provide context!
 Post Reply Post Reply