7 [12.73%]
33 [60.00%]
5 [9.09%]
4 [7.27%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdfloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2019 at 21:03
Love Harold, Visions and Can Utility but they are all very good.  Went with Harold the Barrel
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2019 at 21:06
No offense to anyone that likes it but Harold the Barrel is probably one of the worst songs of the PG era(imo). I don't really hate it but anyone who complains about robbery assault and battery either hasn't heard HtB or dislikes them both. 
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2019 at 21:21
I always wish people talked more about trespass, I think it’s pretty much on par with nursery cryme. In fact I’d bet that if Hackett and Collins were on it and played the same note for note, it would be in our top 50. Phillips sounds very similar to Hackett on guitar.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2019 at 07:23
"Am I Very Wrong" would have been interesting addition to this poll (my fav from the first album).
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2019 at 14:36
Close one between Can-Utility and The Waiting Room. Voted for Can
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2019 at 14:48
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

No offense to anyone that likes it but Harold the Barrel is probably one of the worst songs of the PG era(imo). I don't really hate it but anyone who complains about robbery assault and battery either hasn't heard HtB or dislikes them both. 

I dislike them both (as well as Take them out by Friday, and perhaps worst of all Battle of Epping Forest, because that's the one that ruins my otherwise favourite album from them).
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2019 at 15:20
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I dislike them both (as well as Take them out by Friday, and perhaps worst of all Battle of Epping Forest, because that's the one that ruins my otherwise favourite album from them).

Yep, those are the worst Genesis songs from the PG era not counting anything from the first album. I actually like RA&B though but then again Trick is my favorite Genesis album. Timetable, for absent friends and harlequin are rather weak too. I guess you can throw more fool me into that basket as well.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - December 31 2019 at 15:22
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2019 at 16:00
Damn you’re listing all my favorite genesis songs^ :( love all the story based songs
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2019 at 18:30
Visions
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2019 at 18:42
Seven Stones
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2019 at 23:00

Yep, those are the worst Genesis songs from the PG era not counting anything from the first album. I actually like RA&B though but then again Trick is my favorite Genesis album. Timetable, for absent friends and harlequin are rather weak too. I guess you can throw more fool me into that basket as well.
So I believe you don´t like Nursery & Foxtrot much? They´re both my big prog favorites as a whole, I don´t think there are any really weak tracks, although of course some tracks are greater than others.
progmatic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progmatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2020 at 18:29
You need to redo this poll minus "Can."  As all other options are tied, it would be interesting.
PROGMATIC
progmatic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progmatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2020 at 18:30
BTW, I love "Battle of Epping Forest" as well as "Harold the Barrel"
PROGMATIC
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2020 at 19:14
Coastliners

"Happiness is real only when shared"
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2020 at 14:04

Actually, I do like Timetable, For Absent Friends, and Harlequin well enough... I mean, they are not masterpieces as other of their songs, but they do are nice little songs that I enjoy. More Fool Me is totally forgettable, but at least it's not annoying.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2020 at 14:08
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

So I believe you don´t like Nursery & Foxtrot much? They´re both my big prog favorites as a whole, I don´t think there are any really weak tracks, although of course some tracks are greater than others.

As far as I'm concerned, from Nursery I mostly like Musical Box a lot, and the other short songs are nice enough (except for Harold the Barrell that I rather hate). The other 2 songs I don't dislike as much, but I don't particularly enjoy them. As for Foxtrot, I mostly do like it, except for Get 'em out by Fryday, and somehow I can't really warm up to Watcher of the Skies, even though I do love Hackett's version with John Wetton from Tokyo Tapes.
SquonkHunter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquonkHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2020 at 18:29
Visions of Angels over Can-Utility and the Coastliners by a hair, closely followed by After the Ordeal. Harold the Barrel and Waiting Room never did much for me.
"You never had the things you thought you should have had and you'll not get them now..."
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2020 at 00:07
Can-Utilty but from the PG era I would have voted for Time Table if that was included.
The most overlooked genesis song for me is Man Of Our Times from their official releases but how The Day The Light Went Out never made it onto an official release will remain a great mystery to me. I think that may even be my favourite Genesis song although its a close call with Blood On The Rooftops.

Edited by richardh - January 07 2020 at 00:08
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2020 at 01:13
Can Utility & the Coastliners. Brilliant song. Certainly better than Watcher of the Skies.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2020 at 02:19
from the list Can Utility is the better one (and the easily best track of the A-side), but I knew it wouldn't need my vote to win this hands down, so I went for Ordeal, but had a difficult time choosing it over Waiting Room
(Don't care much for the first two)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>