Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Check out what the guitarist of Wobbler sent me!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Check out what the guitarist of Wobbler sent me!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check out what the guitarist of Wobbler sent me!
    Posted: January 02 2020 at 20:15

Probably about a year ago I asked for album recommendations on Reddit’s prog rock page and I got a reply from a guy asking me to check out the newest album from his band “Wobbler.” I just assumed they were some kind of average modern prog act because I hadn’t heard of them. Silly silly me. After hearing the album and purchasing it, I messaged him to tell him how much I loved it and we ended up becoming online friends. I asked where I could buy a shirt because the online retailers were out of stock and he snagged a shirt from one of their gigs and sent it to me free of charge! Extremely excited for their 5th album coming out this year!
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2020 at 20:45
Sweet !

Goes to show what a little innocent persistence can do ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2020 at 08:48
Nice. Could you get one for me too?
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2020 at 08:57
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Well if anybody here deserves one it would have to be you for your always very respectful and kind replies on most threads. With that said I don’t think I would be comfortable asking for another handout because he probably paid a hefty shipping cost for this with me living overseas from him and I’m beyond grateful as is
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2020 at 09:48
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Well if anybody here deserves one it would have to be you for your always very respectful and kind replies on most threads. With that said I don’t think I would be comfortable asking for another handout because he probably paid a hefty shipping cost for this with me living overseas from him and I’m beyond grateful as is
No worries, I was only kidding. It's nice he sent you one though, makes me think very highly of him, being kind enough to take the time and send a gift to a fan. 
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2020 at 18:28
That was indeed a very kind and friendly gesture. Unfortunately for me, I keep listening to their latest album and still can't get to like it. I'm trying, I swear!
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2020 at 20:41
I wasn't wild about the first two Wobbler albums, but Rites at Dawn was a real favorite of mine in 2011.

A reminder to check out the latest one, indeed.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2020 at 10:13
Rites at Dawn is one of my favorite prog albums ever. It's on par with the best 70s prog records for me.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
judahbenkenobi View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judahbenkenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2020 at 17:10
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

I wasn't wild about the first two Wobbler albums, but Rites at Dawn was a real favorite of mine in 2011.

A reminder to check out the latest one, indeed.

I'll give it a shot, indeed! Thanks for the suggestion
 Post Reply Post Reply