Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Neil Peart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2020 at 20:06
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2020 at 22:08
What a sad news ... cannot believe yet rly. RIP Neil. Cry
jammun View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2020 at 22:25
Miss him already.
Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2020 at 22:44
R.I.P. He sure was one of the greatest drummers and also great lyric maker.
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2020 at 23:36
Such sad news. A musical giant. As big a loss as Yes losing Chris Squire and ELP losing Keith Emerson. R.I.P. 
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LearsFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2020 at 23:52
F**k, I guess I have a habit of tricking myself into thinking all the legends will somehow live to a hundred, blindsided by the news notification on my phone. If his only single contribution to the expansive canon of music were "2112" or "Cygnus X-1, Book 1" or "Subdivisions" I'd still be sending prayers up. RIP Neil!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 01:17
Incredibly sad news.Best rock drummer ever and totally bucked the 'stupid' drummer cliché. One of the true giants of music. RIP Neil.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 01:46
RIP another prog legend gone far, far too soon!

I imagine he and Chris Squire are putting together a record we've never had the Earthly pleasure of hearing.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
aprusso View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aprusso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 02:05
Seriously, ProgArchives should shut down for one day in mourning. Neil was one of the true giants and one of the most beloved by anybody. The void he leaves as an artist, performer, lyricist is enormous

Edited by aprusso - January 11 2020 at 02:05
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 05:05
One of the best and influential drummers in the rock world.
Read his book, Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road, a year or two ago.  Good read and insight into the man.

RIP Neil and thanks
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 06:38

This is... monumental.

Rest in peace dear Neil.   ...and thank you, for so much.

Edited by Machinemessiah - January 11 2020 at 06:55
Norbert View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 06:41
Rest in peace Neil.
A giant of rock music.
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 07:07
Shocked and saddened when this new popped up when I entered FB yesterday evening... Cry

Another great band I will never see...
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 07:47
Very sad to learn of the death of Neil Peart, drummer, author, lyricist, and a gentle man, too. Carolyn and I offer our heartfelt condolences to Neil's family, and of course to Geddy and Alex. The image is one we shall remember him by; with the man himself during the recording of 'Burning for Buddy' (1994). Carolyn and Bill Bruford.
Bruford statement.

Edited by twosteves - January 11 2020 at 07:51
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 08:06
[&amp;#8203;IMG]
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 08:37
Very sad. RIP Neil. A rock legend for sure.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 09:10
After yesterday's initial shock, today deep feelings of loss and mourning set in. I'm sure everyone will remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard of Neil's passing. Sadly, that's the mark of a great man.

Edited by SteveG - January 11 2020 at 09:12
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 10:18
I never knew he had experienced such personal tragedy. However, I do think he and Portnoy stand above the rest of the drummers I have seen live or heard in recordings...Hope his family realise how much respect the man has and will continue to get from the people he has entertained and will continue to entertain with his astounding musicianship and lyrical profundity...

Edited by M27Barney - January 11 2020 at 10:18
Ghost Whistler View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost Whistler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 10:46
 farewell to kings
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2020 at 10:51
Reminiscing with a friend yesterday about getting a place in line at the arena box office in pre-dawn hours during a record breaking freeze. I wanted to hear Rush perform live, but I wanted to SEE Neil Peart play.

RIP

Cancer is a right prick.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>